BodyMedia Fit Link - Not recording sleep.

Options
So I just bought this little device and wore it for the first time yesterday. So far - I love it. It did not record my sleep last night though. When I woke up this morning I was anxious to see what it said - so when I synced it to my iphone my iphone said I got zero hours of sleep. (so not true obviously) ;) My settings in the Activity Manager for sleep is set to 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.. Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to tell it when I am going to bed?

Another thing that bothered me is that I didn't realize until three quarters through my workout yesterday that I am actually supposed to set up a workout for it to track. I just assumed it would start recording that information (like a hear rate monitor would). I think there should be more specific information regarding workouts in their manual.

Other than that, I think I am going to like it. Just need to figure out why it didn't record my sleep. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Replies

• malysa78
    Options
    Are you still wearing it? I just got mine yesterday and was really excited this morning to see my sleep. Nothing on the iphone, but when I sync'd to my computer it showed up. Just curious how you're liking it a few months later!
  • vitaminn
    vitaminn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting the sleep recorded either? :/

EDIT: yep, it required a sync to get the sleep numbers.
  • cfr60
    cfr60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my BodyMedia device. Just challenged getting the Bluetooth sync to work.
  • Theocakes
    Options
    Your phone won't show your sleep. You have to plug the device into the computer and it will upload the sleep and then it will show up on your phone app. You should even see a message that says 'connect to computer to see sleep'/
  • Theocakes
    Options
    Oh and you don't have to hit start workout for it to record that. It will automatically track your activity. The workout section is if you want the app to help you reach your workout goals. Like if I want to workout until I burn 500 calories, it will let me know when I hit my 500 calorie goal, you can also choose intensity and length as tracking options. But the device itself will log what you are doing.
  • theojt
    theojt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your phone won't show your sleep. You have to plug the device into the computer and it will upload the sleep and then it will show up on your phone app. You should even see a message that says 'connect to computer to see sleep'/

Get the new update released yesterday - enables linking to/from the website (at least on Android) and has a cleaned up display that is consistent in appearance with their website. Now I can Bluetooth to my phone and sync with the website all wirelessly.
    Big improvement.
  • cosmo234
    cosmo234 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've synced to the computer and it says that i've gotten 0 hrs sleep every night since I've had it (about 1.5 weeks). Now I don't sleep alot, but I know I've slept some since then.