What is Your Love Language?

Options
tricelive
tricelive Posts: 93 Member
Here are the 5 languages of love:

• Quality time: For a person who speaks this language, things like eye contact, deep and meaningful conversations and shared activities are needed to feel loved. Bonding time with their partner is what is most important to them.

• Receiving gifts: When you are with a partner who love little gifts and surprises, this is precisely what you will get. You will constantly be showered with new clothes, flowers or even chocolates. This is how they want to be loved, so this is exactly what they do for their partners. Giving the gift of self is also an important symbol of love to these people.

• Words of affirmation: This works by giving your partner constant compliments, sweet love notes and lots of encouragement. This is important because those who speak this language are sensitive people and don’t take criticism as well as others. They may illustrate their frustrations by using sharp words or even by harassing you.

• Physical touch: If this is the language of your partner they will be very affectionate or, as some like to call it, touchy-feely. Sex to them means much more than just an orgasm - it is a way to connect. If you deny someone who speaks this love language sex, they may feel unloved.

• Acts of service: Some people find pleasure in doing things for others. This may mean that they will feel loved when their partners help out with chores or doing things for them.

Mine is words of affirmation and my hubby's is physical touch - he is the touchy feely, PDA"s always horny type. It took me awhile to get use to him as I hate PDA's, hugging and all that gushy stuff. I didn't grow up around it, so I didn't respond well to it. I have gotten better now....

******For the attention deprived if you make any offensive, derogatory or smart remarks. I will report and ignore your behind so fast your immature head will spin. Since u want to act like a baby I am going to have to tell on you like one. MFP is supposed to be fun, now since you loss the weight lose the negative attitude******

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    ****me and let me fish...and I'll do anything you want.

Whatever language that is...
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    GREAT BOOK

I receive WORDS OF AFIRMATION

I give ACTS OF SERVICE
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The language of bendy and acts of service
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    The language of bendy and acts of service
    date
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What language is "just leave the money on the nightstand"??
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There is actually an online quiz for this, and as silly as it kind of seems, I think it's really helpful to know what your partner appreciates the most. I think it makes for a better relationship. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Mine in order of importance:
    Physical touch
    Acts of service
    Words of affirmation
    Quality time

I don't have any "points" under gifts. Which, if you knew me, it would make complete sense. It's not that I dislike gifts, but I would rather have numerous other things than a gift. I know my boyfriend's top one is acts of service and I think that has helped a lot with knowing what he will appreciate most from me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'd like all of the above, thanks.
  • RNDougherty
    Options
    I like physical touch.
    I give acts of service.

ETA: with my ex I didn't like physical touch so much. :laugh:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    *Quality TIme*

I tend to give Acts of Service (teehee) and physical touch (teehee) but also the compliment one.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    RAOK
    Humility and service
    Affirmation
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Quality time
    Physical touch (pretty close second)
    Acts of service
    Gifts
    Words of affirmation

Yes, gifts above words of affirmation, I just am bad at giving compliments sometimes and in turn I'm bad at receiving them too. Something I'm trying to work on. And I even really don't put much value in gifts or gift giving to be honest.

I think the love languages we use are the ones that we tend to want to receive.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Receive - Words of Affirmation
    Give - Gifts
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is very much the gift giving type, to the point of it being excessive. He's very much an old school romantic also, he writes me love notes, remembers special days etc.

I'm pretty unromantic. I dont remeber anniversarries, dont make romantic gestures etc I guess maybe 'acts of service' is the closest for me. I'm very physical but I don't see physical affection as being indicative of love at all.
  • latonya41
    latonya41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For sure quality time and I love to give gifts!!
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Receiving Gifts and Quality Time are my primary love languages!

My husband's is physical touch. Would it be anything else, LOL!
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    That was a very interesting book! It really made me look at my relationship with my wife in a different way. I definitely recommend it to anyone who has not yet read it. My love language, without a doubt, is physical touch.
  • cherieann1222
    Options
    Really find yours out here, take the quiz .. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ Mine is Act of Service 8, Words of Affirmation 7 and Quality Time 7
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Im a mix of both Quality Time and Physical Touch. I need mental stimulation, and true memories of experiencing life together and those things increase my physical attraction, and I am in tune with my senses.