I've been checking the calorie websites

Options
to determine the proper calories for my body. they say for my weight to lose I need to be between 1400-1500 calories. I am trying to determine whether to set mine to 1400 or 1500 calories.

I am 5'4 inches tall and currently 182 pounds in weight.

this time last year I weighed 220 pounds.

my goal weight is 134 pounds

I am 15% body fat

my tdee is 2014

I work out 5 days a week 30 minuets a day and moderately active.

I am almost 38 years old

my bmr was calculated to be 1,534.

advise please . I am know I need to up my calories but am trying to determine whether to go for 1400 or 1500. I need to lose 46 pounds to reach my goal weight.

Replies

• 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    you will clearly lose at both. this is not such a big difference. just try one of these limits and see how you get on...
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If your tdee is 2014 and bmr is 1534, I would suggest aiming for 1700. Also, is your BF% a typo? If you really are 15% body fat, then you don't need to lose weight - the weight is all muscle.

You should be netting above your BMR.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    it said 152.7% bf on one of the websites scoobysworkshop I think. thanks I will try this and see what happens.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thats great that your body fat is 15%, I'm at 30% and would love to see it change

I am 5.4 1/2 and weigh 146 wanting to get down to 130, i do the 1200 calories a day..sometimes I go over and sometimes i'm under but I am trying to listen to my body and eat good. I also think you can go somewhere in between but don't stress over it.. If i think too much about the numbers I get a little discouraged and that can be a potential set back.. so keep with it..
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    whether to set it at 1400-1500 doesn't really matter when calorie counts on foods only has to be within 20%...
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    With 46 lbs to lose from 182lb body you are not 15% BF. Try to get get a better estimate of BF.
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    Also, is your BF% a typo? If you really are 15% body fat, then you don't need to lose weight - the weight is all muscle.

Agreed. Isn't the ideal BF 18%? I'm leaning toward typo or miscalculation.

I'd set my goal at the higher number but then not worry about falling below my goal. It's really such a small difference.