Valentines Dinner?

Options
So it's the day of love...VALENTINES DAY!!! What are you guys eating without for dinner but still watching your calories?

Replies

• tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We are grilling some fish and will have acorn squash and steamed green beans with it. But a steak dinner sounds so much better.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    A nice veggie filled salad with grilled chicken! I did make hubby his favorite fatty meal last night (Schnitzel & Spaetzle). I baked my pork chop and did not partake in the bacon grease and butter gravy and make it pretty healthy for myself.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends taking me out and I already looked up the calorie info...I plan on having an oven roasted quarter chicken with a side house salad and baked sweet potato. :)
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Steak (small), grilled asparagus, salad and 1 dinner roll! But the splurg will be a small slice of cheesecake.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hubby is grilling some salmon and scallops. We'll have steamed sugar snap peas on the side.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Going out for Hibachi...already logged everything...and still have plenty of calories to spare...
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Steak, green beans and chocolate covered strawberries!
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Pork chops, guacamole stuffed tomatoes, and I think potatoes!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Nothing tonight...going to have our valentines dinner on Friday when my mom can watch the kids. Not going out, just nice quiet dinner at home...I do pretty much all of the cooking, so I'm making:

Steak au poive
    horseradish mashed potatoes
    roasted brussels sprouts
    some good red wine
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lobster, champagne, and apple pie :love:
  • that_Va_chick
    Options
    tasty meals guys!!! Keep them coming!!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Went to Brio Tuscan Grill (Italian chain) and had the Shrimp Mediterranean - grilled shrimp with orzo and lotsa veggies.
    470 calories! Mm! Then a movie - but no popcorn. Good day!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hibachi steak, veggies, white rice, spring rolls, and mushroom soup, followed by several glasses of wine.
  • Mikel19842013
    Options
    Seared Marlin, new potatoes, broccoli and carrots.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Who knows. It's Vday so I will most likely drink and allow myself to eat whatever. I've kept track of today pretty well and made sure to leave a bit extra (plus with the gym tonight) so I'm really not worried about it. It's one night.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    lobster and shrimp...love seafood and it's not high in calories
  • Sarajo71
    Sarajo71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not got anyone to share it with this year (except my children who ate earlier whilst I was at Zumba) so on my return I made a salmon fillet with garlic and herb cheese topping (low fat of course) and a stir fry. Then I had a fresh fruit salad with some melted chocolate. Was scrummy! :-))
  • quinnybear
    Options
    We're making dinner at home, the crowds at restaurants are too crazy on v-day. We're making filet mignon with homemade peppercorn sauce, grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes. I also bought a mini strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Our favorite drink is a Tom Collins, so I will be making those tonight as well, with fresh squeezed lemon juice instead of the nasty mix!
  • daisytripp
    daisytripp Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    We have a homemade pizza Valentine's tradition. This year we are making mini-pizzas so I can track my calories accurately and everyone can have everything they love on their own special pizza. :)
  • littlebre33
    Options
    well tonight since we have 2 little ones and no babysittier is t-bone steak n potatoes with broccoli n cheese sauce for the hubby. For me, Turkey breast with loads of veggies :) Tomorow night is our v-day, which we are going to the Keg!

Happy Valentines day everyone!!