can you taste baby spinage in a protein shake?

Options
i want to get more greens in my diet and i want to try baby spinage with my chocolate whey powder and and peanut butter. i was just wondering if you can taste the spinage.

Replies

• lmarbley
    lmarbley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not...you don't taste it at all.
  • kboatright
    kboatright Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You cannot taste it at all! My favorite protein shake/smoothie is:

1 small banana
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1 scoop whey protein (I use chocolate peanut butter)
    2 oz baby spinach
    4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( or whatever milk you like)

It's very good!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just blend the hell out of it and you won't notice it...plus banana is a strong enough flavor that it can drown out almost anything
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    No..
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    spinach*

and no.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I can
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just have to ask--do you not like spinach? The whole throwing everything into a blender concept is not my thing, so I'm just wondering. Spinach salads are great.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I put in kale, mustard greens, spinach I can taste it but I like it. I don't think I would do that with peanut butter.

You may also want to consider one of the garden of life perfect food (green) powders, and super seed

They are great additions to a healthy shake and much easier than gathering all the ingredients yourself
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It depends how much you add. I believe you wouldn't taste 2oz, but if you add too many veggies that is all I taste. I personally am not a fan of green shakes, but give it a try and see how you like it. I can eat plain spinach by the bagful, so I do like the stuff. I just like my morning smoothies without too many green ingredients.
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about that too, haven't had the courage to put it in my smoothie
  • jennyk3298
    Options
    Not at all! I put it in all my smoothies. Mango, banana, pumpkin. Any flavor I'm whipping up that day.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh...he meant "spinach".