Sister dearest, I love you...but you are evil

Options
lol my sister just came home with my valentines day gift...a huge box of chocolate turtles. She remembered at Christmas time I had mentioned that I just found out they were gluten free. I didn't buy them for myself because they are so expensive. So now I have a box of 20+ individually wrapped chocolates (90 cals a piece!) sitting in my cupboard. I ate one and am determined to not touch anymore of them. Must...resist. lol.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Freeze them...believe me, they will crack your tooth if you try and eat a frozen one. This way, every time you want one you will have to plan for it and thaw one out. Impossible to overeat unless you plan ahead to pig out!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Freeze them...believe me, they will crack your tooth if you try and eat a frozen one. This way, every time you want one you will have to plan for it and thaw one out. Impossible to overeat unless you plan ahead to pig out!

Yep, that was going to be my suggestion!
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When did I say I didn't appreciate them? I appreciate them so much I'm worried about bingeing on them!
  • babyangelica2010
    Options
    And thanks, I will try freezing them!
  • DeeOnAMission
    DeeOnAMission Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what a sweet sister, enjoy.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Clearly this person lives in a cave and has never heard of a bowl, a microwave and a spoon. Lol
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

^^ yes, I do this with the decadent homemade brownies my brother sends me every year.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Aw, that was sweet of her! Well, you can still eat them and not backtrack if you don't eat them all at once. I like the idea of freezing some of them, and maybe just leaving a couple out for the days to come. :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    8hUA0dw.gif
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Maybe next time your sister should give them to someone who will appreciate them. Tell her to call me for delivery instructions.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    they're 90 calories?
    If you are going to have a sweet little treat that sounds perfect.

Go on a walk to burn it off.

I'm hoping my fiance got me chocolate and if he did you can bet your bippy I'll be consuming atleast 90 calories worth.
  • babyangelica2010
    Options
    Yes 90 calories is a perfect size indulgence...except I am known for eating whole boxes of sweets in one sitting lol. I do appreciate it, but I know that keeping large amounts of chocolate is not a good idea haha. I am going to try very hard though. And I did say I loved her :)
    And yes, I tried freezing cupcakes once...but when I got the urge to binge I put them in a bowl and then put them in the microwave and ate them with coolwhip haha
  • runningwiththepups
    Options
    I feel your pain, I'm still working my way through Christmas candy. I like the freezing solution, though my solution was to put all my candy in my suitcase, in a closet... so now whenever I want a piece, I have to go into my closet, take out the suitcase, unzip it, and extract whatever it is I want...
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I'm still working my way through Christmas candy. I like the freezing solution, though my solution was to put all my candy in my suitcase, in a closet... so now whenever I want a piece, I have to go into my closet, take out the suitcase, unzip it, and extract whatever it is I want...
    That would just make it more fun for me.
  • sonskyn7
    Options
    You have a lovely sister, who really thought of you when she bought them, since you mentioned them at Christmas time and the fact that you couldn't afford them.

Me personally, I prefer to keep candy and chocolates FAR away, I am just not strong enough yet to have them at home and to only have one at a time! LOL