Sweat /abs of power 90-evening

Wednesday : same as Monday
Thursday: same as Tuesday

Friday: 10 minute cardio workout around 5am
Strength portion of power 90 between 5-10pm

Saturday: level 1 30 day shred -morning
Sweat/abs of power 90 -evening

Sunday: rest day

Calorie intake: between 1200-1500, high protein, depending on the effort put into exercise

Height: 5'1"
CW: 178-180lbs
GW: 118-125lbs
No health problems (except overweight)

Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I work out several times a day. It is all cardio, jogging in place, kinect adventures and zumba but that's my schedule. I see absolutely nothing wrong with yours. Stick to it, eat in your calorie zone, and watch what happens!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Uneducated opinion - Seems like a lot of messing around for something you could achieve with 2 treadmill and 2 weights sessions a week, to be completely honest.

I think you may be over-compensating to reach your goals (which you haven't explicitly stated, by the way).
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Why not just put all your exercise into one session and get it over with? Also, 1200 calories? Seems a bit low for your weight
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Consider you appear to be at the start of you journey - I think it looks good. You're going to get gains out of anything you do because you body is new to it. After a while your body will adapt and you'll get less benefit. So in a month or two change your workout both in what you do and the intensity.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Eh, see how you feel and adjust as necessary. I wouldn't do more than one of the workout videos per day, but adding in some short/low-intensity activity throughout the day to those is a pretty good idea.

Where are you now, fitness-wise? Are these workouts hard to you or easy? If they are easy, you'll get better results replacing some of them with heavier resistance training. If they're hard, start slow and work up, there's no point in burning yourself out the first week.
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Wakeupwaisted Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Why not just put all your exercise into one session and get it over with? Also, 1200 calories? Seems a bit low for your weight

Im in nursing school, so i have class, clinical and study time plus I need time to recoup. After about 30 minutes, I start slacking and putting in less effort. Most days I eat over 1200 calories, but if I'm not working out I prefer to eat less calories since im not burning any.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    go to nowloss.com and follow the workouts on that site, all short but action packed and I am sure that doing them 2-3 times a day will help you reach your weight loss goals.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with working out 2-3 times a day. I do a hard workout in the morning, a lighter one in the evening, and short ones through the day sometimes.

Your choice of exercises is a good start but could use some fine-tuning.
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    is 1200-1500 your net calories or total calories? Ie do you plan on eating back your exercises? If you plan on doing all of that exercise on 1200-1500 total callories I would strongly recomend against that, if 1200-1500 net calories ie eat 2100 burn 600 net calories 1500 then that might be a reasonable, but still low number
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options
    Eh, see how you feel and adjust as necessary. I wouldn't do more than one of the workout videos per day, but adding in some short/low-intensity activity throughout the day to those is a pretty good idea.

Where are you now, fitness-wise? Are these workouts hard to you or easy? If they are easy, you'll get better results replacing some of them with heavier resistance training. If they're hard, start slow and work up, there's no point in burning yourself out the first week.

Individually doing the videos, I can finish them but not at the highest intensity. I'm not in the worst shape but far from the best shape. I've just been doing the power 90 program but by itself I feel like a) I'm not burning that many calories and b) the rest of the day I'm just eating and not doing anything so it gets burned off quickly. ( plus I want to eat more and to do that I want to workout more to balance everything out lol)
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options
    go to nowloss.com and follow the workouts on that site, all short but action packed and I am sure that doing them 2-3 times a day will help you reach your weight loss goals.

Yea I've been there and ordered the DVD. It's pretty boring. 10 minutes of jumping jacks isn't my thing. But I do take a lot of tips from his site,
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options
    is 1200-1500 your net calories or total calories? Ie do you plan on eating back your exercises? If you plan on doing all of that exercise on 1200-1500 total callories I would strongly recomend against that, if 1200-1500 net calories ie eat 2100 burn 600 net calories 1500 then that might be a reasonable, but still low number

That whole net calories /total calories baffle me. There's so many different opinions on whether or not to eat them back. And if I'm not feeling hungry Or feeling fatigued, I don't see the reason to eat them back... ( I'm probably totally wrong)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

That whole net calories /total calories baffle me. There's so many different opinions on whether or not to eat them back. And if I'm not feeling hungry Or feeling fatigued, I don't see the reason to eat them back... ( I'm probably totally wrong)

It's pretty simple -

What you burn = Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) =

Calories your body needs to function (BMR) +
    Calories you need to do everything you do in a day (NEAT) +
    Exercise calories

To lose weight, you eat less than your TDEE.

Most people don't include exercise calories when they figure their activity level on MFP. So at the moment, your deficit is probably figured from your BMR and NEAT only. Meaning that if you did no exercise at all you'd still be at a deficit, and you'd still lose weight. If you are eating 1200 calories, that's almost certainly a 1,000 calorie deficit, equating to about 2 pounds lost a week - generally considered the maximum healthy weight loss.

Now let's see what happens when you add exercise into the mix. Let's say you burn 500 calories in a day. Your deficit is now 1500 calories, which is really high and probably unsustainable. When people say "eat back your exercise calories", what they are saying is to eat back calories to bring you back to a 'sensible' deficit. So you'd eat 500 Cals of food, which would return you to a 1,000 calorie deficit.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The calorie goal is probably low as mentioned above.

For me the thing I would keep an eye on is that you might need a lighter day in the mix there. When I do 2 intense workouts per day, I can't do it 6 days in a row. I usually need at the least a day where I only do 1 intense thing, and often I need an additional full day off. I also find it very difficult to do a total of 10 intense forms of exercise in a week. No matter what particular things I've done during the week, it always seems to max out at 8-9.

Then again, I am 36 and you are much younger. You might be able to bounce back more quickly than I can.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is too low. I am more than twice your age and any a couple of inches taller and I lose while eating that much or more.
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options
    The calorie goal is probably low as mentioned above.

For me the thing I would keep an eye on is that you might need a lighter day in the mix there. When I do 2 intense workouts per day, I can't do it 6 days in a row. I usually need at the least a day where I only do 1 intense thing, and often I need an additional full day off. I also find it very difficult to do a total of 10 intense forms of exercise in a week. No matter what particular things I've done during the week, it always seems to max out at 8-9.

Then again, I am 36 and you are much younger. You might be able to bounce back more quickly than I can.

Only 3 of the days I would consider hard. The 10 min cardio isn't hard at all, it just gets my heart pumping early so as to jump start my metabolism in the morning. And the 3 mile walk is tolerable, not too much strain. The 30 day shred and the power 90 are the most difficult, that's why I pair them with lower intensity exercises majority of the days.
  • notthatthis
    Options

Yea I've been there and ordered the DVD. It's pretty boring. 10 minutes of jumping jacks isn't my thing. But I do take a lot of tips from his site,

There is a DVD, here was me thinking that he was an advert supported free site with all the information available. As you know, there are more workouts than Jumping Jacks.