Had a slip up today, what to eat to fix it?

Options
So I went out to eat with ny sister in law and I ordered the "veggie burger" which I thought was well a real veggie burger and assumed it wouldn't be high in fat and calories....but realized soon after a bite it wasn't a veggie burger but an actual buger with a bunch of veggies on it....my sister said just take the bun off eat it and go work out extra hard at the gym tonight......well heres my dilema....without buns it was still 600 calories!!!! I am now 32 grams of fat over my mfp limit and only have 4 grams of protein for the day.....what should I eat/do to somewhat fix the problem....ik it can't totally be fixed but it can be helped! TIA

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Man as a vegetarian I'd be pissed if that happened to me.

Eh just try to eat good the rest of the day, do your normal work out..... and start over tomorrow. Ish Happens, ya know?
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Stop freaking out, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Going over your calories and fat grams for one meal is not going to derail you. Eat as you normally would for the rest of the day. You may find that you're not near as hungry as usual because the fat and protein satiate you better.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Just continue on with your routine. If anything, work out longer and harder than you might have otherwise.

It is most important that you don't get into a binge/starve cycle, so don't follow up over-indulgence with deprivation.
  • blmiller22
    blmiller22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We got a $30 dollar gift card out of it! And you'd wouldn't have even eaten there....I ordered a salad and they came back and told me they ran out so I had to choose a burger all their chicken sandwiches and wraps were like crispy or shredded and put in the "special sauce"....what high end restaurant runs out of salads?!?!
  • blmiller22
    Options
    I wasn't gonna like starve myseld no I was just curious what kind of proteins I should eat to correct it since I'm no where near how much I should have lol
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Going over in protein isn't bad. Personally, I don't think going over fat is a big deal either. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat, a surplus of calories makes you fat. And new studies are showing that dietary fat and dietary cholesterol isn't linked to blood cholesterol levels. So for now, ignore those totals.

Look at you calories and try and figure out how you're doing. You may want to cut a few things from your dinner, but if you're still hungry, eat your normal dinner. One day of being over won't kill you. Make sure your next meal isn't over the top, and don't let this derail you. It's the mentality of "well, I already messed up, so dinner won't matter either" that makes us spiral out of control. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    As far as proteins, you're good with anything lean (chicken, turkey, fish) and not processed. I would drink a lot of extra water because that burger was probably a sodium bomb. It sucks when you are trying your best and get derailed like that but you'll do fine. I myself like a protein shake for days when I'm not really hungry but need to get in some extra protein.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    How the hell does a burger, of any sort, have only 4g of protein? Something's wrong with your numbers.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Kind of did the same thing last night. With a beer on top of it. I just ran off 3 miles a little afterwards. Fish or Chicken breast easy to cook and very lean. Chow on that and don't fret it. Like someone mentioned before, I would worry more about the sodium and drink that out of your system.
  • auddii
    Options
    How the hell does a burger, of any sort, have only 4g of protein? Something's wrong with your numbers.

You misread. She's afraid of going over her protein "limit" for the day. I consider that a minimum, not a limit, and MFP usually sets it too low anyways. Embrace the protein. I eat over 100g daily.
  • blmiller22
    Options
    Thanks! I'm so confused on how mfp works I have ppl telling me I should dare go over on my fat or calories then turn around and say go over by like 400 and work the 400 off but thanks yall that rlly helped :)
  • jacksonpt
    Options

You misread. She's afraid of going over her protein "limit" for the day. I consider that a minimum, not a limit, and MFP usually sets it too low anyways. Embrace the protein. I eat over 100g daily.

Ah, ok... that makes more sense then. Yea, I'm well over 100g daily too.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    This^^^^ Maybe 40 grams of protein...
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It seems your numbers are pretty off, you should have way more than 4 grams of protein, and a peice of hamburgert by itself shouldn't be that high in calories.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Thanks! I'm so confused on how mfp works I have ppl telling me I should dare go over on my fat or calories then turn around and say go over by like 400 and work the 400 off but thanks yall that rlly helped :)

Fat and protein are crucial for the body to function properly. Carbs aren't That's why most people will say fats and protein goals should be seen as minimums, not as maximums.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

"I wasn't gonna like starve myseld no I was just curious what kind of proteins I should eat to correct it since I'm no where near how much I should have lol"

I think we she said this, that she thinks she only has 4 for the day.
  • auddii
    Options

Ha, the embracing the protein was to the OP. I'm sure yours is well over (and I'm just as sure that hers is probably somewhere around 50).
  • auddii
    Options

"I wasn't gonna like starve myseld no I was just curious what kind of proteins I should eat to correct it since I'm no where near how much I should have lol"

I think we she said this, that she thinks she only has 4 for the day.

Well hell, now I'm lost. :laugh:
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Meh. Change 'fat' in your settings to 'saturated fat' and don't go over that.
    You shouldn't avoid fat in general. Just watch your intake on the bad, artery-clogging ones.
  • mikel_antilles
    mikel_antilles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is honestly no way to fix it. Just count it as crashing your diet and move on.

Don't change your routine just because 1 meal got messed up. Count it as a slip up and focus on your nutrition goals going forward.