Need friends for a support system

Options
Hi. My name is Vikki and I am 47 years old and I just got on MFP on 11 February, primarily due to the ease of calorie counting. I’ve been struggling with weight loss for about 10 years. I was on Jenny Craig, twice, and lost weight but gradually it came back. Was in the Navy for 20 years so I always exercised but when I retired the weight gradually snuck up on me and for the past 5 years I think I have taken every OTC supplement made and tried every exercise program under the sun. I currently exercise 6 days a week and have a personal trainer 3 days a week. So far, still no luck. I am sick of the “try harder” “do more” answers from my doctors. I’m a single parent with a full time job, a teenager, a house, and two dogs to take care of. I also take college classes so I don’t have any more time to “do more” and I push myself harder and harder each week. I think what I need is a support system and doctors who take my concerns seriously.

Since this isn’t a doctor’s site, I’d really like to make some friends and establish a support system.

Replies

• AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I spent 20 years in the Army but I won't hold that against you! LOL
  • MaxsMomTN
    MaxsMomTN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vikki! Glad you found MFP, hope it helps you on your journey. I've found the food diary a wonderful tool myself, it has helped me to understand what foods work best for me in order to lose weight. I'm like you, I was very active when I was younger, and over the last 10 years as I've slowed down, my weight has gone up. Then when I dieted, it went down. But I never seemed to stick with anything for very long. I've now come to realize at 46 I have to change my lifestyle by eating healthy and exercising. That's what works for me anyway.

Your life sounds so busy, I'm sure its hard to find time to devote to yourself. I think it's wonderful that you have carved out time to exercise and work with a personal trainer, that is awesome! It sounds like you have some valid concerns and I hope you do find a doctor who will work with you.

As far as support, feel free to friend me, we can motivate each other.
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are working out and burning calories. Check your diet. Diet really is 80+% of losing weight and getting healthy. There is no magic pill for weight loss and all the supplements in the world can't help a diet that is not in check. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! And welcome!
  • Anncakes85
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Welcome and great support here. Feel free to add me along with others on this link!