looking for friends to compete with.. lets make it fun!

Options
Looking to keep motivated and up my game... anyone what to set each others targets and set challenges it'd help I have a dress I need to fit into by 04.21.13 April 21st! :)

Replies

• angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to wear a crop top by May 17th! Or at least something showing off my body insteaf of the long tops I usually wear to cover myself up.
  • lauraaryan1985
    lauraaryan1985 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal... id not make that by may this year but definitely next... what changes or activities are you doing to reach this goal at the moment..? :)
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Our 23rd anniversary is April 21st and my wife and I both want to be able to enjoy a night out on the town on the 20th with me in a new suit and her in a new dress. I'm up for a challenge.
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    Fab... that's so lovely and congrats for April 21st im heading to cousins wedding and also happens to be my birthday soooo lets all get fit and fab... im on my mobile typing this so ill get to the computer asap and we can get the competitions going! :)
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    I'd like to be able to wear a crop top by May 17th! Or at least something showing off my body insteaf of the long tops I usually wear to cover myself up.

Angie do you want to loose weight or just tone up?
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    Our 23rd anniversary is April 21st and my wife and I both want to be able to enjoy a night out on the town on the 20th with me in a new suit and her in a new dress. I'm up for a challenge.

tycamsdad do you mind me asking your goal weight loss... would you like an exercise challenge of a wright loss challenge?

Laura
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have 2 goals: I would like to complete a 5k this spring, and wear a bikini this summer.

(I have never been a runner in my life!) :smile:
  • Jackie_VL
    Options
    New to this, feel free to add me, healthy competing is always good! X
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    I have 2 goals: I would like to complete a 5k this spring, and wear a bikini this summer.

(I have never been a runner in my life!) :smile:

I cant run at the moment, so i know that feeling... i'm happy to set some challenges to get us both to be runners by spring :o)

Im building up my fitness and leg muscles on the cross trainer at the moment which i find a great starting place and when on treadmill i use a low/med gradient for good resistance!

Do you have a weight loss goal or just fitness/tonning?

Laura
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    New to this, feel free to add me, healthy competing is always good! X

Hey Jackie...,

Couldn't agree more whats your goal/aim for the long term?

Laura
  • tycamsdad
    Options
    I am trying to lose 60 pounds total by August when I have a reunion with the Air Force squadron I was stationed with 25 years ago. I think I am ready for both a weight loss and an exercise challenge.
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    I am trying to lose 60 pounds total by August when I have a reunion with the Air Force squadron I was stationed with 25 years ago. I think I am ready for both a weight loss and an exercise challenge.

Ok, tycamsdad....

Weight loss challenge: 3lb weight loss this week - cut bread out of diet for 1 week and Walk/jog/run 5miles?

Your my first person to set a challenge for lol so forgive me if its a bit weak! :)

feel free to set me one...:)
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I would like to lose weight first. I've already lost 13 pounds since the beginning of the year and I'm halfway done, so I'm hoping to be ready for a music fesitval in May :)

I've been doing Bikram yoga 4-5 days a week, and changed my eating habits last month (except for few bad days such as yesterday)
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options

I would like to lose weight first. I've already lost 13 pounds since the beginning of the year and I'm halfway done, so I'm hoping to be ready for a music fesitval in May :)

I've been doing Bikram yoga 4-5 days a week, and changed my eating habits last month (except for few bad days such as yesterday)

Well done for the initial weight loss...

Ok so your only my second ever person to set a challenge lolso here is my attempt.

3 day challenge:

You carb intake goal is 165 on MFP try and keep this total bellow 70gms for 3 days and do 100 ab crunches and 10 squats in morning and same again in evening for 3 day... ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUnAWuDVDHA - ab crunch video just in case).

Feel free to set me a goal/challenge aswell!

Laura
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Let's do it! Have a competition in April i am training for. Feel free to add me and others on this link
  • samianneB
    samianneB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ILL TAKE A CHALLENGE THOUGH RUNNING CAN'T BE A PART OF IT I'M AFRAID
    HOWEVER IM UP FOR WALKING THE DISTANCES :happy:
  • tycamsdad
    Options
    I accept all of the challenges. Cutting out bread may be the toughest part of the challenge - I usually pack a wrap for lunch but I need something different so this will be my impetus. The walking will also be a good challenge because the treadmill gets a little boring but now I will have a goal.
  • jckirby1981
    jckirby1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going on a trip this July for our second year anniversary and its the first big trip since having my 13 month old son and I would love to be one of those moms rocking the bikini this year instead of the ever dreaded tankini
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    Let's do it! Have a competition in April i am training for. Feel free to add me and others on this link

Navigator feel free to set challenges or be challeged!

Whats your goals overall?
  • lauraaryan1985
    Options
    ILL TAKE A CHALLENGE THOUGH RUNNING CAN'T BE A PART OF IT I'M AFRAID
    HOWEVER IM UP FOR WALKING THE DISTANCES :happy:

HEY Samianne,

Let me know what you stats are and your goals and ill be happy to set you a challenge feel free to set one back! :o)

Laura