Protein Powder

Options
What is everyone's favorite protein powder?? I'm trying hard to get myself to drink this gunk!!! My trainer said to get one with 25 g of protrein.

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean 25. I seriously love this stuff. I can't use any other kind of protein powder because it makes me feel sick due to taste and texture. These ones rock!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean 25. I seriously love this stuff. I can't use any other kind of protein powder because it makes me feel sick due to taste and texture. These ones rock!

I do like those, but they have alot of carbs. Also, I mix mine with Greek Yogurt as well as liquid to shift the macro balance.

I also like the Sam's Club Simply Right-. 23 grams of protein per serving, relatively neutral flavor, and just about the cheapest of any brand, and it mixes well and isn't thick.
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    good ole muscle milk. blend the vanilla powder with milk and some frozen fruit and it's amazing.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard.

Though I've only tried two - ON and Target own. So I've hardly a broad range of experience to say it's the best. It just has lots of flavors and great reviews.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I like Bluebonnet Chocolate whey isolate. 26g of protein per 116 calorie scoop. Sweetened with stevia, from grassfed cows. $40 or so for a 2lb tub on amazon.
  • mcmainsk
    mcmainsk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Target's Market Pantry Whey Protein - one scoop is 25 g of protein and 140 calories. Vanilla and chocolate both good
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    good ole muscle milk. blend the vanilla powder with milk and some frozen fruit and it's amazing.

^^ This. I'm boring but the stuff has the necessary protein and tastes good.

Edit: I mix if with all sorts of things. I like it best with oatmeal, greek yogurt, ice cream and milk shakes.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am currently using Pure Protein. Not saying its the best one just the one I am using.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ This. Or if you're on a budget, go to Walmart and pick up a tub of Body Fortress whey protein. The chocolate peanut butter isn't bad.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna have to go with Gaspari Myofusion.
    oh and i need to order some. thanks for the reminder! :flowerforyou:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Phd whey concentrate belgium chocolate
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Genuine Health's proteins+

110 cals for 25g of protein, 1.8g carbs, 0g of fat. It's gluten free, sweetened with stevia and really mixes easy (you don't even need a blender or a shaker). Not to mention a money back guarantee and a local product (Toronto) so it's a plus plus for me.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I tried to get on the protein powder band wagon, but couldn't drink that **** without gagging. I just decided to get my protein from the sources that actually carry it naturally, namely meat and eggs and dairy. No crap ingredients, no weird flavorings, no chalky flavors, no gagging needed.
  • Meloberle
    Options
    That's the problem I'm having and I'm not an egg fan! I'm liking all the reviews though!
  • Meloberle
    Options

Thanks! It really is the texture and tast that makes me gag.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Trying adding whole eggs to cooked foods, like burger patties, meatballs/meatloaf, and soups. Make a fruit and yogurt smoothie with a raw egg yolk added. Stuff like that. You can't taste/see the egg, and it adds extra nutrients to your food.
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Whatever happens to be on sale at the time is my favorite! :)

Protein powder in Canada is stupid expensive in stores, like $30 - $35 for the 2lb Body Fortress in Walmart.... or $80 for 5lbs of Optimum Nutrition, so I order everything online. I stock up when I see anything hit $40 and under for 5lbs.

Luckily I don't care too much about the flavor as I mix it with frozen fruit all the time. Some have tasted amazing, others like chalk and cardboard...

Currently I have about 60lbs stocked up in my basement from various sales haha.

Have some Optimum Nutrition (It's okay), Kaizen Whey Isolate (tastes amazing), GFR Leanfit (Vanilla tastes like cardboard), IST Mil-K6 (tastes amazing), Blue Beast (mixes cake batter thick and is kinda salty but good for cooking/baking), Dymatize Elite (fantastic), Gaspari Myofusion (fantastic), Giant Sports Delicious Protein (only kinda delicious), Ultimate Nutrition Whey Sensation (Probably the best tasting I've ever had).
  • goofyblonde
    goofyblonde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

Gnc Pro Performance - 100% Whey Protein Powdered Drink Mix-Cookies & Cream OR Banana Cream

Dymatize Nutrition - Elite Gourmet Dietary Supplement -- Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Body Fortress! Delicious and relatively cheap in the states.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Though I've only tried two - ON and Target own. So I've hardly a broad range of experience to say it's the best. It just has lots of flavors and great reviews.

Actually this one is pretty good as is Protogen and Six Star Pro Nutrition. They have great flavors and a good amount of protein.