Eating When You Don't Grocery Shop - How?

Options
I don't shop for food. My husband is a Butcher at a grocery store, he gets off typically at 9 so he does all the grocery shopping for the next day. So far he's been supportive of my "diet" (I don't like that word). He got me that grilled chicken you use for salads and all of the veggie fixings. But he's still in control of dinner (which we have around midnight cause of his late night schedule). He cooks better than me on top of everything.

Any suggestions of what I can say for lunch and dinner that would be easy enough to carry in his backpack (we live downtown, practically impossible to own a cheap car)?

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin and sauerkraut

Tilapia and broccoli with baked potato

Salmon and asparagus

Sweet potatoes and Pork chops

Turkey burgers and homemade sweet potato fries
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i think i love boo boo, just what we eat,
  • dallensutton
    dallensutton Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tins of light flavoured tuna/chop chop chicken with ryvita crakers/corn thins/ single portions of cooked rice.
    Some weight watchers frozen meals (or read the back of other brands, you can usually find others with less calories and sooo yummy)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I would say the best things are as much produce and lean meat as possible.

My staples for veggies are sweet potatoes, butternut squash (these two might be tough to transport though), broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, zucchini/summer squash, lots of fresh herbs (for cooking), baby carrots

Fruits - apples, oranges, lemon/lime (for cooking), whatever berries are on sale.

Other lunch/dinner staples
    Hummus (with fresh veggies dipped into it)
    greek yogurt
    unsalted almonds
    eggs

Not sure what else. Feel free to look at my diary for ideas!