So I need some new clothes....

amylynne26
amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
and since I'm not quite to my goal yet I thought I should go to a thrift store, see what I could find for cheap. Some "interim" clothes if you will. Imagine my happy surprise when I found some calvin klein jeans in excellent condition for $3! Yes, THREE DOLLARS! Well that feeling was nothing compared to buying them... in a size 8.....

For the first time in 10 years I am wearing a single digit size. Go me. :bigsmile:

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    :happy:
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    woohoo for the single digits, thats my goal too. I know what you mean about shopping. I'm down from a 16/18 to a 10/12 and went to a thrift shop also, even got some things for free on freecycle. When I hit my goal I'm treating myself to a shopping spree :)

Sounds like a great find on the cloths ;)
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Good job on the clothing find. I haven't been a single digit since my age was a single digit.:grumble: :sad: I hope to get there like you someday. Congrats!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Kudos on both counts!
  • That's awesome and I know it is trully a great feeling congrats on your success and great find at the store I am so tired of being the mom in the sweats because I can't fit any of my clothes right now. So the thrift store is a thought!!!:happy:
  • congrats!!!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Getting a deal is great, but fitting into a smaller size is even better! Congrats!!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    That's so amazing! :) Congrats! :)
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's got to be an amazing feeling and I can only imagine how great it actually feels. Can't wait til I can get down to a size that doesn't have to be purchased in the plus section.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    I buy ALL my clothes from thrift stores. Sometimes my whole outfit is less than 5 bucks. It does take a lot of time and u have to go often!! I just got rid of all my size 14 pants..........not going back.
  • heycarlz
    heycarlz Posts: 15
    must be such a great feeling - well done!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!