TOM question

Options
I joined MFP on May 6th, it's been about a week and a half now that I have been tracking my calories and eatting better. MY TOM is coming this weekend and well I think i'm having emotional swings. Typically i just would have small out bursts of PMS and know that i was having them. BUT today i've just been so emotionally changed since i woke up, anything and everything makes me want to cry and lash out. I haven't added much exercise to my regament yet, i'm just trying to get the food under control.

DO you think the diet change could be allowing my harmones to come out in a different way, or am I reading to much into this?

Replies

• cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ok - you asked. I would go with your final comment.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yes, your diet can definitely affect your hormones. Since you just started, your body is still adjusting to all the different changes. Give it time, you should even out soon. :happy:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! Your diet change will have tremendous effects on your hormones....exercise will help with that!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I suggest you start moving more. Even walking. It will help with all of the symptoms. You might be more "in touch with your feelings" due to adjusting to new way of eating and your feelings about that
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Good question! I started on May 7th .. and usually before my TOM starts I get really edgy and emotional .. but this time since my diet I was happy *shrug* .. My tom usually also starts when I start losing weight .. even though it's pretty regular .. but when I start dieting it goes off wack.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I found the beginning TOM was nasty but after exercising and eating regularly my TOM is now shorter and my PMS is not as bad. I still have to take midol but it actually helps now and doesnt just make it better (if that makes sense)
  • ZiaLater
    ZiaLater Posts: 23
    Options
    I like to walk my emotions out, whether it is outside or indoors. I prefer going for an "emotional" walk at my local cemetary. Yes, I said the cemetary. Here in my city, it is the biggest, emptiest park where no one can see you cry. Sure others walk through now and then, but they keep their distance and I can let the tears flow, smile all I want or just make a horrible face. The best part is I can punch the air if I am steaming mad!! lol. So, if you have a place where you can go and walk off your emotions, go for it. It will help you sooo much!!! :)
  • karatejones
    karatejones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that exercise can help with cramps and other symptoms, but I'm in kind of a different boat. Luckily I have a check-up and what-not with the girl doctor next week... I've started a pretty hardcore workout regimen, and it's seemed to had some strange effects on my girl-parts. I'm on the Depo shot, so I normally don't even notice what's going on with my body, but every day since the day I started this program (was the first Wednesday of May) I've had just a teeny tiny bit of spotting. This has happened sometimes in the past when I'm due for the next shot, but only for a couple of days. Anyone (on the shot or not) have any insight? [didn't feel like this question warranted a new thread]