the scale

Options
is it good to weigh yourself after you work out or before

Replies

• Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up. that is when your weight is at its lowest.
  • devin_robinson
    Options
    ...in the morn, naked, after you pee!
  • starr36
    starr36 Posts: 7
    Options
    LOL! Yup....make sure everything is out of your body! I usually weigh on Saturday mornings......
  • starr36
    Options
    LOL! Yup....make sure everything is out of your body! I usually weigh on Saturday mornings......
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    problem is i dont own a scale @ home, so i weigh myself @ work and tomorrow is my gym day so that means i have to weigh myself after i workout
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Also only 1 time a week.. If you weigh everyday and since the body weight fluctuates you can set yourself up for disapointment..
  • starr36
    Options
    Well your weight is always up and down each day; that is why i just weigh once a week..you can get a inexpensive scale from Walmart...
  • SHAMEKALACHELLE
    SHAMEKALACHELLE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    the scale.......can become your enemy if you do it everytime you work out. I recognized that muscle weighs a lot as well.......so do it ONCE a week. Focus more on how your clothes fit you----better yet, get a measuring tape and go by inches moreso than weight so often. My khakis are finally not squeezing the life out of my thighs...............what that equates to to me is lost inches and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ok everyone, i think i'll skip the weigh in at work tomorrow and buy one. then do a naked weigh in sat morn. now the dilemna npw will be, the scale at my job having a different reading from the one i buy. gosh! the saga never ends
  • christadh
    christadh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha, don't worry about what the scale says so much. Weight fluctuates so much naturally. It's best to look at weight over a longer timeline. I wouldn't step on one more than once a week. Just be sure to do it at pretty much the same time every week to get the most accurate reading that you can.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    ok everyone, i think i'll skip the weigh in at work tomorrow and buy one. then do a naked weigh in sat morn. now the dilemna npw will be, the scale at my job having a different reading from the one i buy. gosh! the saga never ends

Yeah, I bought a new scale not too long ago too. Just take your weight as normal and track it, but consider it a freebie -- Whichever way it goes -- since you can't rely on it as a true comparison to the old scale. Just keep using it from here on out so your tool is consistant again and your future weights have a good comparison.
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not to add confusion, but the first-thing-in-the-morning weigh in doesn't work for me. I have found my lowest weight point of the day is around 12 noon. Crazy, right? I just think we're all different. Find a weekly system that works from you. Begin your record-keeping when you have your scale at home (just a suggestion) and then you'll have something consistent to go by & not have to worry about differentials.

Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe it is best to weigh once a week. I was weighing everyday and it is disappointment, if the scale does not move. Now I weigh in once a week, no clothes, and the same time of day.
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    I prefer weighing every day over once a week. Weighing every day allows you to see your daily fluctuations and learn what is normal for you. When fluctuations are abnormal you will see it faster and may be able to determine the cause, which could be as simple as "I drank too much water yesterday" or "I had to eat more than usual yesterday because of a great work out". Then you will see the weight go back down to normal one or two days later. Weighing every day can also help you spot plateaus sooner.

If you weigh in only once a week and happen to catch a light day last Saturday and a heavy day this Saturday so it looked like you gained weight, wouldn't that be more depressing? "All that work last week and I gained weight!?" It is also more difficult to spot trends, plateaus or assign a simple cause.

I use the scale as one of many tools and try to use its information within the limits of what it can and cannot tell me. I do understand the desire to react immediately to its information since it is an unbiased tool that states without emotion, this is what you weigh right now.