Eat to Live advice please

Options
I am going to have a go at the Eat to Live program but I wont receive the book for 1 to 2 weeks and I would like to start ASAP. Can anyone give me the rundown on what to eat? Also has anyone on this plan done strength training as well as cardio? Will I have enough energy to do both without eating meat?

Replies

• lotusspark
    Options
    I ate from the book about 3 months and lost weight during it..a lot of foods you want are green vegetables, lean proteins like bean, nuts and strength training was something I did while easting Furman's way. I quit because only 2/3 of his plan felt sustainable in realistic manner for my life. Lifestyle changes are what he is showing..if you are serious to be 100% on it for your future -you might want to research his book a little, it's good but it also is vegan based. I'm no vegan, however I eat meat, now I tend to prefer less red meat and processed rarely..Furman did turn me around. :)
  • FitNJMamma
    FitNJMamma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the book last night and plan on starting the process of becoming a healthier version of myself.
    As far as what to eat:
    Unlimited raw veggie (goal: 1lb daily), cooked green veggies (goal: 1lb daily), non green veggies (goal: 1cup daily), fresh fruit (at least 4 daily).

Limited cooked starchy veggies and whole grain (not more than 1 serving (1cup) per day), raw nuts and seeds (1oz max per day), avocado (2oz max per day), ground flaxseed (1 tbsp per day).

Off limits:dairy, animal, between meal snacks, fruit juice.

I hope this helps until you receive your book. Good luck and keep us all posted on your progress. :happy:
  • mordechaiwelt
    mordechaiwelt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For an explanation of the the Eat to Live program as well as free Eat to Live recipes visit: http://www.EatToLiveRecipes.org
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the book last night and plan on starting the process of becoming a healthier version of myself.
    As far as what to eat:
    Unlimited raw veggie (goal: 1lb daily), cooked green veggies (goal: 1lb daily), non green veggies (goal: 1cup daily), fresh fruit (at least 4 daily).

Limited cooked starchy veggies and whole grain (not more than 1 serving (1cup) per day), raw nuts and seeds (1oz max per day), avocado (2oz max per day), ground flaxseed (1 tbsp per day).

Off limits:dairy, animal, between meal snacks, fruit juice.

I hope this helps until you receive your book. Good luck and keep us all posted on your progress. :happy:

Also: lots and lots of beans! He stresses that so much in the book, and for good reason :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Also: lots and lots of beans! He stresses that so much in the book, and for good reason :)
    [/quote]
    You are allowed 1 cup of beans/lentils per day
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yes, and a cup of beans is a lot- they're really filling
  • dawnb321
    Options
    My wife went to one of his immersions for a week and was able to talk to him, exercise with him, and ask questions. We were able to stay on his program for about 4 weeks until it just became too much. We are not following fit2fat2fit program and have been on this program for 9 weeks. This is easier to sustain that Eat to Live and seems more 'doable'. good luck!