LizzieMdp Posts: 78 Member
Anyone knows how to make it?
Please help! I want is spicy :)
Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp. butter or margarine (you can use blue bonnet light for a few less calories)
    1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream (I do low cal, so I use fat free evaporated milk)
    1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (you can mix in a little grated romano if you desire)
    small package of cream cheese
    pinch of salt
    garlic to taste
    white pepper to taste
    Add roasted red pepper if you wish for more spice
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i used to make an awesome lowfat alfredo sauce. I don't remember the quantity of everything. but it is cottage cheese, garlic, egg, and parmesan cheese
  • LizzieMdp
    LizzieMdp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cool.
    And I want the other Tangy tomato pasta sauce. Idk. In India, in dominos we get a red pasta. It's sauce is Awesome!
    Btw, THANKS ALOT!! :)
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    is yummy
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    block of cream cheese (low fat is fine) crushed garlic and 2/3 cup of the starchy water you used to boil your noodles in a pan till it's all liquidy and BAM good lowfat alfredo sauce that is the bomb diggidy. I use this even when I'm not trying to be figure friendly.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    DELISH! we make it a lot, pasta freaks here.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Not the best in the world but it is calorie free..

Walden-Farms-Alfredo-Sauce-204x300.png
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp. butter or margarine (you can use blue bonnet light for a few less calories)
    1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream (I do low cal, so I use fat free evaporated milk)
    1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (you can mix in a little grated romano if you desire)
    small package of cream cheese
    pinch of salt
    garlic to taste
    white pepper to taste
    Add roasted red pepper if you wish for more spice
    YUMMY!! i would use saracha (or however you spell it) sauce to make it spicy mmmmm ill use this recipe thanks!
  • Preesy
    Preesy Posts: 37
    Options
    I used to love Alfredo sauce until I was out to dinner one time with my hubby and ordered something with -- I don't recall what they called it, but it was a pink sauce. When I inquired I was told it was half alfredo and half a marinara sauce. Now when I do pasta at home I mix my own 50% of each. I control the spiciness of the dish through the tomato sauce recipe. Just as an alfredo, I don't ever recall having any that was spicy, other than maybe with cracked pepper or something. You'll have to experiment with spices that suit your needs and let us know! I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a low cal alfredo sauce recipe. Its a couple of wedges of laughing cow cheese and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese mixed together and microwaved for like 20 seconds. Add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper for heat. They put this on top of tofu shiritaki noodles and the whole meal is like 100 calories or something crazy. Its decent if you are going solo and just want a quick lo-cal meal for yourself.

However, if you want real alfredo sauce, this is what I do:
    Trim the top off of a whole head of garlic and roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 350. Cool until you are able to handle the garlic without burning your hands. In a sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons butter or margine, then 3 tablespoons of flour. Cook for a minute or so on low heat until the flour is incorporated and bubbling. Squeeze out the garlic into the butter/four mixture. It should be really soft and mushy, and will squirt out of the casings quite easily. Stir to incorporate the garlic into the butter/flour mixture. Now, slowly add lowfat milk (or lowfat evaporated milk) a little bit at a time while stiring until you have your desired sauce consistency (this takes about 2 cups of liquid). You can add chicken or vegetable broth to help thin out the mixture if you dont want to go overboard on the dairy products. Add a tablespoon or two of cream cheese or sour cream to taste. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Go light on the salt because you are going to add some salty cheese next. Remove from the heat and add about .25 cup of fresh grated parmesan, stiring combine. Yum, now you are ready for pasta! I suggest whole wheat pasta and some crisp/cooked broccoli florettes. Maybe a little chicken too...
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • jessabender
    jessabender Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out the weight watchers skinny alfredo sauce recipe, made with cauliflower. IT IS AMAZING! Even if you're not a fan of cauliflower, you'll never know it's the main ingredient. SOO good!