Falling off the wagon - help!

Options
I've been on my 'lifestyle change' since about June 2012 and slowly lost around 5kg and added some muscle which I'm very pleased with.

I've always had a serious weakness for chocolate and used to eat it even when I wasn't hungry simply because I was craving it and/or bored.

Since I started this lifestyle change I've mostly been managing to control and avoid those cravings but recently I've been falling off the wagon and going back to my old habits. Today, I'd eaten over 1000 calories before 10am and I feel like absolute crap.

I'm trying to get back on the wagon but it's hard, I feel like I'm getting a handhold but can't get myself back on completely.

Any tips and/or motivational comments would be seriously appreciated, right now I just kind of want to cry at my own stupidity and lack of self control :(

Replies

• sanazah
    sanazah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dont lose hope....pull your act together and you shall be rewarded...i am going thru the same phase....,i feel you ...:(
    What workout are you following? Try turbofire
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Well, the way I see it you have two choices: 1) Get yourself together and keep going or 2) Quit & gain your weight back. Which do you want more? When you have that answer, you will know what to do. May sound a little harsh, but if you don't want this more than anything - no one else can help you. I hope you choose #1. :flowerforyou:
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you see yourself falling back into old habits, think really hard about what might be triggering them.

Is it boredom? Are you feeling like you have to reward yourself? Are you not getting enough exercise? Are you feeling unhappy?

All things to think about.

Also consider what got you started along the path to health to begin with. Think about how you looked/felt 'before'....do you want to go back to that? Or do you want to meet your goals?

Allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat day and LOOK FORWARD TO IT. Don't beat yourself up and start the downward spiral of negativity and self-loathing. It's not worth it. Treat every slip up like a learning experience but DO NOT GIVE UP.

There are plenty of delicious chocolate items out there that won't burst your calorie intake. Reduced Guilt Brownies from Trader Joe's for instance!

So take some time to think or make a list. The willpower is in there, you just need to find out what you need to get that fire going again.

I wish nothing but success to you!
  • MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    journal your thoughts when you go for it and see if you can find a pattern to help you break it.DON"T GIVE UP.your worth it.Congrats on the loss so far
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This totally made me decide not to go for a second cookie (1 was my treat for the day). I'd previously chosen against my honest wishes to go for a second one because I had to have "just one more bite". Nope. Now I'm enjoying a happy tummy with out the extra unnecessary cookie in it:) Best of luck :wink: