Raspberry Ketones?

Options
I gained weight with the start of the semester so I was almost as heavy as my heaviest last summer. I decided to try Raspberry Ketones and have ballooned up in weight - six pounds (I know it doesn't sound like super much, but in one week! And it's not like I've been pigging out!).

Has this happened to anyone else? Do I keep taking the Raspberry Ketones and the weight will drop off after a while (is this part of the process)? I'm also hungry more than I was before so maybe that's why I'm gaining weight. But so much and so fast! I'm eating mostly healthy, too, with plenty of veg and fruits (but also healthy fats like nuts and dried fruits and raw food bars).

HELP!!!

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones have nothing to do with your weight gain - and if you lose the weight, they'll have nothing to do with your weight loss. They're a useless diet scam - the only place they make you lose weight is in your wallet.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones have nothing to do with your weight gain - and if you lose the weight, they'll have nothing to do with your weight loss. They're a useless diet scam - the only place they make you lose weight is in your wallet.

QFT
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

QFT

Yep.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    8_suckers.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

QFT

Yep.
    This.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    But if a pound is 3500 surplus calories, there's NO WAY I should have gained six pounds in one week - I'm now officially the fattest I've ever been!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

QFT

Yep.
    This.

tumblr_manv9jmGSw1r9tn1n.gif
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    But if a pound is 3500 surplus calories, there's NO WAY I should have gained six pounds in one week - I'm now officially the fattest I've ever been!

I've gained 4 pounds in a day from water weight
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

It's most likely at least partly water. Have you had a lot of sodium? Nearing your time of month? Started a new exercise program?
  • skinnydreams19
    Options
    I have a menstrual disorder and menstruate irregularly, but I don't think I've eaten more sodium than usual lately. The only thing I can think of is that I've had some Walden Farms products.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Have you been logging your food? What is your calorie goal set at? Have you also been taking measurements?
  • skinnydreams19
    Options
    No, I didn't want to get bogged down in all of that. But I've just written up an entry with my food goals for tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to stick to that (it's a lot less than I've been eating). But that's too LOSE - I've been eating as I was before, so I just don't know why I'm GAINING!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    If you type RASPBERRY KEYTONES into the search feature, you will see a whole lot of posts about this topic.

IMHO - I'm following the principle that if I can't keep it up for the rest of my life, then it's probably a FAD, and I'm staying away from fads. Everthing in moderation. I've never met a thin person who has dieted or followed fads, so I'm not going to either. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on fresh food than something that comes in a pill or a bottle that is supposed to help me lose weight.

Good luck!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    No, I didn't want to get bogged down in all of that. But I've just written up an entry with my food goals for tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to stick to that (it's a lot less than I've been eating). But that's too LOSE - I've been eating as I was before, so I just don't know why I'm GAINING!

O.o...what do you mean? Knowing some of the things that are asked might help us help you figure out what's going on.

ETA: Well..hope you figure it out. All I know is eating a calorie surplus is how you would end up gaining - if it isn't water retention issues. Best of luck.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Yes start tracking. Weigh/measure accurately. What's your calorie goal?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yeah... you're never gonna lose any weight if the first thing you jump to is a diet pill.

NOW with that being said, Raspberry Ketones have worked for people but they work out, they eat right... it's not a miracle. Nothing works if you don't put effort into it.

As for your weight gain, it could easily be water weight from high sodium intake, weight gain preparing you for that TOM.. I've gained almost 7 lbs one month from TOM alone. It all went away when it was over. Like you, I also have irregular periods and possibly undiagnosed problems associated with that - if you aren't menstruating regularly, it is impossible for anyone here let alone you to really say it's not related to TOM approaching.

Trust me, unless you ate 3500 extra cals everyday, I would look to salt and TOM...
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

Oh, if you've not been logging then it could very well be real weight gain.

This ^
  • promultis
    Options
    People are falling for this because it was on Dr. Oz. I don't think he was promoting it, just reporting on some of the findings. I think he might get some kind of payment for talking about certain products on his show. Not sure.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    First, start logging your food...

After you've done that, watched your sodium intake, exercised daily and drank lots of water.... consider drinking green tea or taking a green tea extract supplement. All kinds of people have their opinions on supplements but it has worked for me (in conjunction with discipline, healthy eating and exercise)
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Rasberry Ketones but I tried African Mango diet pills and gained 6lbs in a week too so I stopped taking them and lost it. The moral of the story is use your mind, its simple diet and exercise is the only way to go and all these gimmicks are just making the person themselves richer and the rest of us depressed. So I would dump them and stick to your goals on here, log everything and watch your sodium intake and exercise you will soon start to lose some weight again