Fit-bit or Body Media

Options
Which calorie counter is better: fit-bit or body media, and why? I want one but I have no idea which one is best!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do a search and you'll find lots of info.
    I have both. Fitbit is cheaper, no monthly membership and smaller.

BMF is more accurate.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit a lot. I like how inconspicuous it is, I like the no monthly membership thing, and I find that it's accurate enough for me!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia. its much more accurate it gives you a lot more information than the fitbit.

Although, I do the Nike fuel band. Also I wear a HRM when I workout. Costco has the BodyMedia on sale right now.
  • SLD5
    SLD5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got the BMF a month ago. I love it. My husband just got his last week and is totally enjoying it. After a day or two you really don't notice it on. I like the accuracy and how it communicates with MFP too. No matter which you go with you will be happy with the information you get.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE my fitbit and find it very accurate. I think it is a little less noticeable that the body media, but that is just me :tongue:
  • fat_destroza
    fat_destroza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I will tell you which one I get!
  • fat_destroza
    fat_destroza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alright I have drum roll please................................................Body Media! I must say that I am loving the device. The only thing I don't like is how they don't have all the foods that I eat in their database. So I am logging my food on MFP and my cals on bodymedia. Thanks you guys for your help!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Alright I have drum roll please................................................Body Media! I must say that I am loving the device. The only thing I don't like is how they don't have all the foods that I eat in their database. So I am logging my food on MFP and my cals on bodymedia. Thanks you guys for your help!

I think lots of people do that. The scan facility on MFP is great too.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

You can link the accounts now. I track food in mfp an it shows up in my body media activity manager and vice versa.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know nothing of the fit bit, I have the body media, and mytrak m2. They are within 100 calories when I wear both.