Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easy way to share a recipie/meal?

My wife and I are both using MFP. Every time we cook a meal we input all the ingredients into both phones. Is there an easy way to put the meal into one and share/send it to someone else?

Replies

• vormund
    vormund Posts: 3 Member
    Hey there, the wife and I use Google Docs for our recipes and share among friends. We both have Droids so with the GDoc app it's very seamless--pull it up as we cook in the kitchen, share with the click of a button, super easy. The problem comes with digitizing our written recipe collection... ugh, that is taking forever... :-)
  • I use google docs as well but am not sure how to import it into my app on my phone.
  • Yes you can...my wife and I also have the same issue...you can make a reciepe and figure out what the numbers are per serving, then go to "My Foods" create a new food, enter in all the information (Cals, Carbs, Fats, etc...) and at the bottom there is a Allow other members to select my food (or something like that) and then you both should be able to use it. But I do suggest one thing, when you create your "New Food" where it asks for a Brand name, create something unique to you and your wife for easier searching (ex. My last name starts with a G and we are a family of 5, so our brand is G5, and everything that I have entered under teh G5 brand name come up (its not that long of a list))
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Good question. when I make a recipe, I take a picture of the Cals,carbs, fats page and text my hubby. He then puts it in his My Foods rather than go through whole process himself.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Another thing you can do: my wife enters in dinner while she is making it. When she is done, I go to her Diary and the "Quick Tools" allows me to copy her entire meal to my Diary.