What was the thing...

Options
Kayla_292to165
Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
that really got you motivated to start this lifestyle change?

I had a few: a woman at Macy's told me I was too big to shop there and maybe I should try Walmart
My 5 year old came home from school crying because her friend said she had a fat mom
We had family pictures done and I hated that my hubby is so good looking and I was a fatty...I didn't even print any of the pictures that had me in them....

Replies

• lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    awwww.... you could get that macys lady fired.. ITS MACYS lol its not like its a high class store i mean they have them in cheap malls... thats mean dont worry she will get her karma.. I hope that didnt ruin your day!!!...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    March 2012: Home health assessment for increased life insurance... my BP reading was WELL into stroke category! Tested 3 times and in both arms. Nurse suggested I go to emergency room but I refused because I felt fine... not even so much as a headache. For weeks prior, I was already researching doctors because I hadn't a regular doc since last one retired 6-7 years prior. I grabbed my short list of doctors and just picked the closest one to my house and made an appt for 2 days later. They took my BP and it was 60 points lower than reading 2 days prior, but it was still S1HT level. Doc said it was WAY more likely that the nurse's BP meter was miscalibrated than my BP dropped 60 pts in 2 days without ANY symptoms or changes whatsoever.
    Regardless, that was my wake up call.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Really need to keep my stamina as I get older
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    by the way i looked throught your pictures and i think you look great for having 3 kids!!! you will get to your goal! be happy! your husband loves you your the mother of his kids..( not any woman could do that, it takes a special one) :)

i think that I am to much of a perfectionist and that is the reason why i decided to join MFP.. i was addicted to junk food and i spent alot of money on it :( so that is the reason i started...

dont let anyone bring you down! :) your beautiful...
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Really need to keep my stamina as I get older
    tumblr_lwkdiy7mvD1qjw2g1_zps62e21fcb.gif
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    thank you :) My hubby has never ever said anything about my weight but when I saw pictures where he couuld hardly get his arms around me...yikes...
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't think there was one specific thing. I avoided cameras at all cost but really it was many things. Being out of breath going up a few stairs, feeling gross, having to finally start shopping at a plus size store. That was really difficult.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Since the age of 19 and the birth of my son (10 ~_~ yes 10 years ago) I have had weight fluctuations, had a lot of ED issues, and than in 2008 I started a VLOG on YouTube and really got into fitness, what motivated me to continue were countless women that wanted to know my secret. How did you lose the baby weight? How did you get abs of steel? How long do you work out? After 2008 I sort of let myself go, the scale creedped from 130lbs to 155lbs (I was working overnight and attending classes) and when they used me to calibrate the weights at work and saw 155lbs and new not only was the scale new, and one of the best there was... I was way out of shape. My clothes had already told me. I was down to 138lbs (pics of me in blue on this are me at 138lbs in 2011) then we bought a house, and I got pregnant >_< D'OH!

So my most recent motivation is during the summer as my hips expanded, and I started to show with my second baby a woman I know with two kids came up to me and said, "Remember all those cute short shorts and skirts you were wearing? Well you can kiss those good bye" So I have all of my cute "short shorts and skirts" out and am currently working my way back into them. A month from my daughters birth (she is 1 month today) I am already back to my pre-pregancy weight, and as my pics show have already returned to a curvy but slightly bigger version of what I was prior to my pregnancy. My goal? By the end of the month be back into my 7's, in three months be in the shape I was in 2008.

Wear really short skirts and shorts all summer especially when I go somewhere I might see her. Plus, I happen to like my legs, they are long and the one good thing about being tall!!!

Because you gotta have goals. :)
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Barely being able to button a pair of WELL broken in size 38 jeans. Seeing myself in a full mirror in the lobby of a hotel. Looking at a closet full of shirts and dress pants that I used to wear to work every day that no longer fit. Feeling like I was going to hurl from walking up a couple flights of steps.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    < These kind of pictures of myself.

P.S. I cropped out my belly and arm for a reason.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't comfortably fit into my jeans and I was forced to go from size 32 to size 36. Also, it didn't help that my family would sometimes poke fun at my spare tire. "What's this?!" *poke*. I resented it. I hated how I looked and just kept telling myself it was way too late to make a change.

I decided at one point that I couldn't continue down the path of accommodating my eating habits with buying new clothes. And so far I've proved that its never too late to make a change....thus my quote on my profile....I always say it to myself when I'm feeling not so great about going to the gym or making a tough decision on food.
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 this year. Watched too many in my family waddle down a road of poor health, sickness, and death. My mother, her father, and his mother all died of massive heart attacks in their 40's and mid 50's. I refuse to lay down and die so easily!!!
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Just to be healthy overall...

a bonus would be to make a former friend jealous, but mostly just to be healthy overall.

Our band was filmed for a dvd for a benefit for hurricane sandy relief..that kind of did it as well.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Christmas 2012 - the day I saw a photo of my *kitten* and the scales nearly hit the next 10 up.
    What killed me the most though, was that I was down to my goal weight several months before.
    Now I'm back here again.

And for the record, you should never let anyone put you down. That Macy's woman is a cow and karma will own her one day :)
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    On honeymoon in phuket the husband and i got stopped getting on an elephant to wait for the next biggest elephant to come along.
    Really who the hell is to big to ride an elephant ?!? So that was our Jenny Craig moment.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i saw a picture of myself slouching and i didn't have rolls... i looked down at my belly that very second, and BAM! roll central =/
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    When I got rid of all of my skinny clothes because I figured I was destined to be fat for the rest of my life. A week later I decided that I couldn't stand having that sort of attitude and started changing the way I was eating.