Free Online Workout Videos?

Options
My excuse for not working out for the past two weeks was that I didn't know what workouts to do. I know Denise Austin has some workouts on Youtube. I own 30 Day Shred, Insanity and a treadmill. (I have waited to tackle Insanity again though until I lose some weight. Although, the ten minute warm-up could be included in a workout session.) So my question is, what workouts do you do at home? Are there any other free online workouts that I could try? Thanks!

Replies

• rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Almost everything is on youtube now :) just look around and see what you like!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I use the DVDs that came with the equipment I bought, namely suspension trainer and sandbags. Realistically speaking you should own some kind of resistance training apparatus, whether it's weights, sandbags, kettlebells, resistance bands, or simply a pullup bar. Anything that doesn't use ONE of those is an incomplete program.
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I own 3 pound dumbbells, 5 pound dumbbells, and a resistance band.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There's lots on YouTube. I really like the BeFit channel and their programs. I also use my public library to check out videos. Bodybuilding.com and muscleandstrength.com have lots of workouts, too. I also have a bench, bar with plates and rack. I'd suggest some weights as well. If money is an issue, get some more resistance bands. Ditch the hand weights. You can get some adjustable dumbbells for not too much as well.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've found a lot of Zumba workouts on YouTube.
  • assilembob
    assilembob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    turboamber has some great zumba and turbokick workouts on youtube.

There's a few entire Body Combat classes on youtube (I have rounds 39, 40 and 41 saved)

Loads of yoga.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There's lots on YouTube. I really like the BeFot channel and their programs. I also use my public library to check out videos. Bodybuilding.com and muscleandstrength.com have lots of workouts, too. I also have a bench, bar with plates and rack. I'd suggest some weights as well. If money is an issue, get some more resistance bands. Ditch the hand weights. You can get some adjustable dumbbells for not too much as well.

This. 3 and 5 pound weights simply aren't enough. You need heavier weights. A lot heavier.
  • tomatini
    tomatini Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've noticed there are some exercise videos on Hulu... not sure if they're clips or full videos, but it's something to investigate!
  • m31990
    m31990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use http://Sweatn.com they have a great selection of free workout video's.
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just recently found fitnessblender on youtube. They have a ton of great videos. They range from 15 mins to over an hour. You can chose to do all cardio or a mix of cardio and strength. You can also choose certain videos to work out specific parts of your body. I have tried several of them and they are all great.
  • alamakota5268
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's ok to create a free of charge meetup group and use the free workout videos in public meetups?
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just recently found fitnessblender on youtube. They have a ton of great videos. They range from 15 mins to over an hour. You can chose to do all cardio or a mix of cardio and strength. You can also choose certain videos to work out specific parts of your body. I have tried several of them and they are all great.

fitnessblender is my favorite thing ever, I highly recommend it
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This. 3 and 5 pound weights simply aren't enough. You need heavier weights. A lot heavier.
    [/quote]

rubbish, small weights and bodyweight are enough to sculpt and increase muscle strength.

mind the OP is a girl and not want massive muscles and just be sculpted.

3 and 5 lbs and those in-between are enough to start off with, as you get fitter you might want to up your weights but it's not essential.

if you can't afford any weights, you can use just a towel and get a good 'weight' workout (sixpackshortcuts on youtube, also try blogliates on youtube or her web page)