Confirmation/Advise

Options
I have been doing MFP for a couple months and havn't really lost any weight. MFP gave me 1720 calories per day. I started reading the forums and found this thread;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I am 40, 6' 1" , 233 lbs. I used http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to calculate my numbers for a sedentary lifestyle with 20% calorie reduction.

It gave me BMR: 2171 TDEE: 2606 Daily Calories: 2084.

So if I read the above thread correctly. If I eat a min 2084 calories per day with no exercise I should lose weight? Any exercise I do ontop of this I would eat back. Please tell me this is right.....thanks for the help.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    If your BMR is higher than your TDEE -20% just eat at your BMR.
  • rrcole29
    rrcole29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I guess that would work. Not really much of a difference anyway. Just wanted to get it all straight in my head.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you want to lose?

If you calculated at sedentary, then you do eat back your exercise calories.

I would stick with TDEE -10% if you do not want to eat them back, but always eat them back if you drop below your BMR in net calories for the day.
  • rrcole29
    Options
    I was looking to get down to around 200 lb. I was looking to eat them back because I tend to be lazy and that will give me some incentive to workout to get the extra calories.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are logging accurately? Do you use a food scale and log everything?
  • rrcole29
    Options
    I log everything on the MFP App. The app gave me the 1720 calories per day and I was burning around 500 calories 3-4 time a week working out. For the most part I was not eating those back. I have the app recalculated now for the proper numbers I think/hope