Damn it! I wanna be sexy! - rant

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
So I was trying to pick out something to wear out to dinner tonight. Its Valentine's Day and I want to look sexy but my closet looks like something June Cleaver would approve of. I lost 100lbs and my sexiness somewhere along the way. I use to pick clothes out based on their sexiness. I was big and bold, and if it didn't show off the girls, I didn't buy it. Today the best I could muster up was a henley tee with a tank under it and a pair of jeans. Where did my sexy go? I was in the store the other day and I saw this short black dress. It was size 4 and it fit like a glove. The hem was short and the v was deep and I looked sexy, but then my brain took over and said, "where will you wear that?". I argued with myself "I will wear it out with my husband" but the logic was strong "yeah, with your husband, toddler and infant. How are you going to pick up toys in that?" So the dress still sits at the store and I am going out in the mom uniform, tee and jeans... Damn it, I wanna be sexy!! - Ok end of rant.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you need to buy that dress and hire a babysitter so you can wear it out with your husband once in awhile.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sexy comes from the inside.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    buy that dress girl!
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you are kidding... right? have you looked at your profile picture alone? sexy isnt just about the clothes :)
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Buy the dress! If it is hanging in your closet you will wear it..... But if it sits at the store you can't, and when it's GONE you will regret it!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Sexy is a state of mind.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I didn't read past the title, but IMO sexy comes from inside. Own the moment, the clothes, blah, blah, blah, and you will be sexy! :bigsmile:

ETA- She said it up there ^ with less words....lol
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Um. You radiate sexy. But you should buy the dress.
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well, I am definitely an impartial party here, but I can tell you that you already possess sex appeal. I will also second what Mara said and tell you that if that lil' black dress will make you feel that much sexier then by all means...it matters, and lil' black dresses are kryptonite for us menfolk...I am sure your husband would not disapprove once he saw you in it...

I know when my lovely bride wears hers...we must leave the home quickly or that date night may not happen...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    We have a winner.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sexy is a state of mind.

yes, this, exactly. Having said that, buy the dress and a baseball bat for your husband to keep the wolves at bay lol.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options

^^
    What he said ;)
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options

you are cute and sweet!!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    First, buy the dress. Second you already are sexy. Third you and your husband go enjoy Valentine's Day.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    OK, well I just read your profile and checked out your photos...you are BEAUTIFUL & look AMAZING!! You should pull that gorgeous purple dress that you are wearing in one of your pics out of your closet and wear THAT out with your husband! You don't have to try to be sexy because you already are.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    sexy is a feeling, so it should be fairly easy to find. go easy on yourself, why are you dragging yourself down? you're one hot lady! your husband obviously thinks so, you have a child to prove it! just buy the darn dress and rock it missy!
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking...men don't care much what you are wearing.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    ...wow... really?

TL;DR: OP's whiny.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Some women I know did feel sexier when they were bigger. Might be something to do with the change in hormone levels (fat effects these) - or it could just be the struggle to reconnect to the body you now have for those that have been big for most of their lives.

Spoil yourself and find what works for you!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    they let you put damn in the title?