I really think myfitnesspal is going to help me!!

Options
hi! I am brand new to this site. I love it so far :) I really need the community, the help and motivation. I want to pull off at least 80 pounds this year and lower my cholesterol. RIght now my knees hurt when I walk down a flight of stairs, my back hurts when I get out of bed in the morning, and I have sleep apnea, so I wear a Cpap machine.

I used to be fit. I've always loved roller blading, step aerobics, and strength training. I know I need to stop looking backward. *sigh* It's hard, though. I need to move forward and take it one day at a time.

I'm really looking for support and encouragement. I'm 38 years old and am 160 pounds over weight. I'm happily married and we have 3 kids, ages 15, almost 14 and 11. I want to step into my 40's as a healthy woman!!

Replies

• labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's so awesome you're here and ready to make big changes in your life!
    I already know you have what it takes, and once the weight starts to come off, you're going to start feeling like your body is yours again. Before you know it, your kids may not even recognize you :P I'm really excited for you to begin your journey, and you will definitely get the support needed to help you through the tough days on MFP.
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It will help you.... I will send you a friend request... I am on everyday.... and log...
  • jenniferlofgrenmitchell
    Options
    Thank you so much! Wow, it's amazing how encouragement really lifted my mood! :):happy:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal works.

Just sayin'.....

:tongue:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me. ive been on here for over 2 years and maintained for almost 2 years. the people here are great and very helpful. great luck to you.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Just be honest with what you log and it definitely is an eye opener, kind of addicting.. But it works!
  • fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Along with your big goal start off with some smaller short term goals. My fitnesspal has been the motivational tool to help me reclaim my health. I'm only a few months in, but I already feel like a new person. I look forward to reading more about your journey to fitness and know that the people on here are just first class people who know how to support and counsel you.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it!!
    There's lots of information here. Lots of motivation!! I've only been here for 5 weeks but I dont know if i could do this without everyone here! Add me as a friend if you wish!!
  • DelilahFreeman
    DelilahFreeman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're goals are attainable :) sending you a friend request.