Hello, I'm new and have a few questions

Options
Hello everyone, so I need some serious help. I've been stalking this board almost all day today trying to figure out everything I wanted to know but have ended up more confused than I started. I downloaded the app today and logged my info and food. Although I'm not a fan of counting calories I was curious to know what my eating habits are and found the app to be cool and am able to get a clearer picture by using a food tracker. However I am totally lost on a few things, so my questions are, what on earth is a Net, I've been reading responses yet I'm still a little lost. MFP set my goal to 1450 and I want to lose weight so I had it in my head that I could eat 1450 and that's all I needed for the day but then I worked out and burned 523 calories and I have a net that says 1587, so now what? Lol. I truly don't understand it so please if you can answer make it simple for me lol, I've been calculating bmr's and god knows what all day and all these numbers have me fuzzy. My bmr says 1521.95 and I heard you're not supposed to eat under that...so I ate more but how much exactly can I eat to lose weight?! ,please help.

Replies

• CadensMommy2312
    Options
    I think, that when you exercise and burn calories they up the intake of calories. So say you wanted to go have a fancy dinner, you could because you burned x-amount of calories, so they alloted more for your intake. That's what I gather. Doesn't mean you have to eat those extra calories, because to me it defeats the purpose of the exercising! Hope this helped a little.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You basically want to stay under your 1450 goal every day. Say you ate 1700 calories but exercised for 500 you are only at a total of 1200 which is great. Is your diary set to viewable by others? If so I can take a look and maybe have a better answer.
  • lexi42289
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lexi42289
    Options
    Thank you also that helps, I have a way better understanding now. I honestly am not sure, still tryijg to figure it out lol.