New and need help

Options
Hi all! I got serious about losing weight about a week after the new and started using myfitnesspalpal and am looking for more support and friends. Even though I have had some days I am not proud of, over all my eating has been pretty good. I have eaten more fresh vegetables than I have eaten in my whole life. I am watching the calories, and have only gone over a few days. But i am getting pretty frustrated...the first few weeks i lost a few pounds, but the last two weeks i have actually gained weight. ACL reconstruction on my knee was just a few months ago, using two of my own hamstrings, so this hinders my exercise abilities. I live in Alaska in a fifth wheel camper so space is too limited for any kind of equipment. With all the ice outside its not safe for my knee to go walking. Please, any ideas or advice would be great. My goal is to lose 60 pounds...I was at 7 but am now down to 5. I am also not very creative when it comes to food. My lunches at work are getting pretty old, as well as the same 5 veggie snacks I am rotating. I really really want this...usually I give up after a few days but I am very determined that I can and will do this...But i also feel like i am ready to give up. Any ideas on food, exercise, jump starting the weight loss would be much appreciated! Thanks, can't wait to meet you all!!!! And please add me if you are looking for a new friend and supporter!

Replies

• mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! I work on a ship, so I have similar kind of space restraints - I recently got really into Jillian Michaels' workouts, they only require enough space to do basic bodyweight moves (jumping jacks, pushups, etc). I started with the 30-day Shred which you can get on iTunes for about $10, and you only need a couple of light handweights to get started! The workouts are only half an hour, and I can always find half an hour in my day to work out (after I read somewhere that 30 minutes is only 2% of your day, the excuses ended!). Good luck!
  • tabjendavid
    Options
    Thanks, I will have to look I to that for my post knee recovery workout...I LOVE Jillian Michaels!