A must read story! A non-scale victory! With pics

Options
13»

Replies

• feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can keep and re-read for motivation and inspiration! Thanks for putting it in perspective!
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    what a great story and an awesome reminder to not be a "slave" to the scale! Great job and you look amazing!!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thankyou sooo much for sharing! Very inspiring! Be proud, your doing amazing things!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Too true,

for the past 2 years I have been depressed as I have been in the same way. Working so hard to see the numbers not move. 3 weeks ago I made a promise to myself no more scales. I have not looked back. My clothes are feeling so much better and my head space is so much more positive. Im so glad you shared your story because it helps me believe in me that Im doing the right thing by saying NO MORE SCALES...

Thank you
  • jpolczak
    jpolczak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I still have scale OCD. I hate it. I am not sure if I can quit cold turkey. I know its crazy but I have to keep reading my own story to believe it. It doesn’t feel real. Now when I doubt myself I’ll just have to look back at this picture. I remember when it was taken. I thought to myself how could I look like this.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

The picture on the right is from last Saturday (2/2/13). I weigh about the same in both pictures...........

I still have scale OCD. I hate it. I am not sure if I can quit cold turkey. I know its crazy but I have to keep reading my own story to believe it. It doesn’t feel real. Now when I doubt myself I’ll just have to look back at this picture. I remember when it was taken. I thought to myself how could I look like this.

The weight on the scale is just a number, the important thing is that you look FABULOUS, my friend! :smile:

I have scale OCD too.....last night it took me 2 1/2 hours to cook a stir fry including the time to prepare, weigh everything & record it, then enter the recipe in MFP. This is the reason why i hardly ever cook anymore, prepackaged could have been ready in 5-15 minutes. I can't do this forever, but i figure that i'll keep it up until i get the results i am looking for. ( just in case i need to go back & evaluate everything. )
  • cjaynep
    Options
    Scales are no good without a measuring tape!
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Your post comes at the exact moment I needed it! Thank you! You are so right that the scale is not the big indicator of our progress. Perhaps I'll start letting people take pictures of me again and go shopping. :flowerforyou: We have to love ourselves at every stage and be proud of each little victory. Love your pictures!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job! I totally agree that it is such a mental thing with the scale!
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing. I'm so excited for you and what you accomplished. We can seriously learn to stop staring at the scale and stressing over the numbers. Thanks for the awesome reminder!
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I really needed it this morning. I was really feeling defeated because the scale was not budging . So thanks again for reminding me why I am really doing this.
  • jpolczak
    Options
    I feel and felt the same way as you Marvybells. Some times I think I can't keep it up, but every day dosen't have to be perfect. I found that adding my meals to my recipes on MFP saves me a lot of time. I don’t weigh everything any more I just weigh mostly meat. If you feel like you want to quit or you can’t do this forever. Just take a break, but don’t stop forever. I took lots of breaks over the last two years. The thing was I kept coming back!
  • jpolczak
    Options
    Thank you Lynn D. & Becky S. For everything!
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is a great post and shows how a healthy life style is more important than a number ....awesome!
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post it made my heart smile, so many people need to hear these kinds of stories and I am glad you shared. Best wishes to you, keep up the good work and you are an inspiration to others!!!!! :smile: :wink: :happy:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE BEST BEST BEST NSV EVER! Just looking at the pic I would say you wer 50lbs lighter. Thats amazing. I hope I can always remember your story thanks for sharing.
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that - it came at the right time for me!
  • jpolczak
    Options
    Going to Bump today. I need to remember where I came from. I think I am going to post a recent picture because all of my pictures are older.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I needed this thread!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!