I need advice!

Options
Hey all!

I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I have went to the gym before and LOVED it. I enjoy working out, i just need advice on a good exercise plan.

I am 19 and weigh 260lbs. The few times i have been to the gym i usually go on the treadmill, bike, and rower, then some laps in the pool.

I want to start going to the gym regularly. How many days a week should i go?
What workouts should i do to make sure that i have even muscle tone all over my body, and also to ensure that i don't over work the same muscles over and over again.

Thank you!
Much love
Xoxo
Emily

Replies

• stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily,

My advise would be to get a training program set up with a trainer. They will go through everything with you, show you how to use the equipment and should set something up for you. It would also be great to try and invest in a personal training session every week. They will set you some goals, give you a program and push you to your limits.

Also if your gym offer fitness classes try out some and see how you get on. Classes are a great way to exercise and make friends.

Best of luck

X
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily,

My advise would be to get a training program set up with a trainer. They will go through everything with you, show you how to use the equipment and should set something up for you. It would also be great to try and invest in a personal training session every week. They will set you some goals, give you a program and push you to your limits.

Also if your gym offer fitness classes try out some and see how you get on. Classes are a great way to exercise and make friends.

Best of luck

X

Totally agree with this. Its a good way to start out at a gym :)
  • EmilyDawn1111
    EmilyDawn1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)