1st Weigh In

Options
I decided to get on the scale a month later after joining MPF and after changing my lifestyle. I was very anxious to see if I had lost or had not.

Sometimes I felt like whoa look at me and other times I felt nothing has change.

So last night I jumped on the scale (Originally wanted to wait for Monday, but I was feeling discourage and needed to see some sort of result to not fall off track) and I was 10 pounds less! (My initial first month goal).

And this morning I jumped on the scale and I was 4 pound less then the 10 making it 14 pounds total that I lost this first month!

For the month of June I hope to lose 8 to 10 pounds!!!

Slowly but surely I am getting there =]

Super Excited =]

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats to you!
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Yaay, Great Job! Keep it up, :happy:
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Yay well done for not only doing so well but for not being one of these people who seem to jump on the scales every other hour :laugh:
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up! and Keep off that scale, don't let it control you just work at feeling better and being healthier!
  • LaMonica140
    LaMonica140 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is a great loss CONGRATS to you and I know next month you will those 8 to 10 pounds butt and then some, awesome job.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudos to you! I am equally impressed that you withheld weighing yourself for a whole month. What great discipline that takes! Glad you were so happily rewarded!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Awesome job! I really compliment you on being able to stay off the scale's for a month. Wish I could do that. But, my scales really motivate me. I get on them everyday, sometimes, twice a day. Espically if I eat something I have not ate since doing this. Yes, I only post my weigh in every Thursday, but unless I am gone, it's checked daily. I swear sometime's I am going to make my husband hide the batteries until Thursday, lol! Have you done your measurements? I did mine in January, when I started trying to loose weight, at 255 lbs. Then when I started here 3/18, I did not redo them, because I had only went down to 247 lbs. At the end of 2 months on MFP, I retook them. I had lost a total of 26.5 inches total from my body. I new I had dropped 2 jeans sizes, but that number, 26.5, was a HUGE motivation boost to me! Keep up the good work!!
  • dopegirl422
    dopegirl422 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

I must admit it takes a lot, a lot of discplin to not hop on the scale. But I knew that number could break me or make me. Might make me feel too comfortable and lose track or might discourage me and make me quit all together Once a month seems to be working for me!

=] Woot woot to reaching our goals
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Thats awesome keep it up
  • BlackBeltLife
    BlackBeltLife Posts: 180
    Options
    NICE!!!!! Keep up the great work
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    good job!:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Great job! Always weigh in the morning after you've used the bathroom and before you've eaten. It's the most accurate way to weigh. :) Also, it's normal to lose a lot when you first start out, but since you don't have a lot to lose, expect it to slow down quite a bit. I have 40 total to lose, have already lost 19 and it slowed down quiiiite a bit. I work out quite a bit so I had to increase my calories, drink a TON more water, and make sure I eat almost every calorie, including ones from exercise. Good luck!
  • dopegirl422
    dopegirl422 Posts: 40
    Options
    Great job! Always weigh in the morning after you've used the bathroom and before you've eaten. It's the most accurate way to weigh. :) Also, it's normal to lose a lot when you first start out, but since you don't have a lot to lose, expect it to slow down quite a bit. I have 40 total to lose, have already lost 19 and it slowed down quiiiite a bit. I work out quite a bit so I had to increase my calories, drink a TON more water, and make sure I eat almost every calorie, including ones from exercise. Good luck!

Really, thanks for sharing that with me, I expected to hit a rock but not so soon maybe to get rid of the last 5 pounds...I usually don't eat all my calories only because I don't really get that hungry! But thanks...we will see what happens in a month!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'd heard it about the last 10 and didn't think it would happen so soon for me, either. I came to my MFPs for help and all their suggestions have helped. I'm watching my sugars, not caring so much about the fats so long as they're good/natural fats... I'm leaving less and less calories everyday and they're getting better. I plan out my meals right after breakfast. I put it all in my diary and that's it. I have to eat it. If I change my mind, it has to fit into my day. I mean, there's wiggle room but to have it planned out keeps me accountable and it allows me to space out my eating so once I work out and eat dinner, that's it. Nno more snacking 'cause for one thing, ain't got no more calories, and another thing, it's way too late to be eating.
  • reneegez
    reneegez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Alright! Time to celebrate with some Fat Free Jello!!!! :bigsmile:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    that just sooooooooooooo amazing :D
    i bet you were just soooo stocked and excited about it you just couldnt believe it :D
    congrats on your first month :D

keep up the great work :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!