Clean Eating and Exercise Routines???

Options
Hello :)

I have been trying to get into Clean eating recently as i have saw some amazing results from it.

Im just really struggling to get into a routine with exercise (weights and cardio) because i dont know what i should be doing.

I also want to make sure im eating the right things and the right amounts.

I am approx 16 stone 5'6 and need to lose bout 6 stone!!

Whats your clean eating schedule/routines??

What about your exercise? Do you use cardio/weight training?

Thanks sooo much :)

Replies

• MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am clean eating and exercise, add me as a friend and view my diary too see what I do..
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    See i have the opposite problem ... my exercise routine is ok but i am so bad with my food! I need an education!
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What is clean eating?? sorry for being so stupid!! :laugh:
  • StacyD015
    StacyD015 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What is clean eating?? sorry for being so stupid!! :laugh:

Im new to it so i think its cutting out all refined and processed foods. Eating whole foods such as lean meat / veg / fruit going back to the way nature intended us to eat lol!???
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 3 stone doing this :) Been eating a lot of homemade veggie soups, salads and fruits and lots of chicken and eggs and I was working out an hour a day mixing cardio and weights on alternate days x x x
  • JoanieMaronie
    Options
    I am new here, as well, but have been clean eating. It is eating fresh, organic (where possible) fruits, vegetables, healthy fats(olive and coconut oils, avocado), seeds, nuts and beans with a minimum of processed foods (some noodles, etc. are allowed) Some people say not to eat anything with more than 5 ingredients on the label, but the ingredients must be identifiable-no chemicals, additives, etc. It involves spending more time cooking your own foods (soups are a GREAT idea), staying out of the middle of the grocery store (except for condiments and seasonings), eating pastured or grass fed meats, poultry, eggs and dairy(they contain CLA's, Omega 3's etc and have a healthy lipid-fat-profile) Type in "clean eating" in your search box and you should find all kinds of resources. There is even a magazine called Clean Eating and they have menus and grocery lists to help. Compared to eating junk, eating clean can be more expensive BUT you won't spend the money at the doctors and in the long run, will be healthy for the rest of your life. We find that soups are the best way to incorporate tons of vegetables (especially ones we might not like all that well) with our proteins and they are very economical. WE both take soups in our lunch most days-fast food is no longer an option 99.9999% of the time. It is soooo bad for you-fried, processed and full of who-knows-what).

Besides weight loss, we have found that our skin problems (him-eczema, adult acne, me- horrible dry skin) have corrected almost miraculously, aching joints have stopped hurting, we have more energy and just feel way better. My husband's horrible snoring STOPPED!

For exercise, I found a free app for my phone but use the website "Virtuagym Online fitness platform" You can take a fitness test and have it give you an exercise plan or I use their free exercise routines involving no equipment-it is computer generated to show good form,and sometimes the encouraging phrases make me giggle, but it works. My plan is marching in place, squats, windmills, and other calisthenics.

I hope that helps get you started.
  • StacyD015
    Options
    I am new here, as well, but have been clean eating. It is eating fresh, organic (where possible) fruits, vegetables, healthy fats(olive and coconut oils, avocado), seeds, nuts and beans with a minimum of processed foods (some noodles, etc. are allowed) Some people say not to eat anything with more than 5 ingredients on the label, but the ingredients must be identifiable-no chemicals, additives, etc. It involves spending more time cooking your own foods (soups are a GREAT idea), staying out of the middle of the grocery store (except for condiments and seasonings), eating pastured or grass fed meats, poultry, eggs and dairy(they contain CLA's, Omega 3's etc and have a healthy lipid-fat-profile) Type in "clean eating" in your search box and you should find all kinds of resources. There is even a magazine called Clean Eating and they have menus and grocery lists to help. Compared to eating junk, eating clean can be more expensive BUT you won't spend the money at the doctors and in the long run, will be healthy for the rest of your life. We find that soups are the best way to incorporate tons of vegetables (especially ones we might not like all that well) with our proteins and they are very economical. WE both take soups in our lunch most days-fast food is no longer an option 99.9999% of the time. It is soooo bad for you-fried, processed and full of who-knows-what).

Besides weight loss, we have found that our skin problems (him-eczema, adult acne, me- horrible dry skin) have corrected almost miraculously, aching joints have stopped hurting, we have more energy and just feel way better. My husband's horrible snoring STOPPED!

For exercise, I found a free app for my phone but use the website "Virtuagym Online fitness platform" You can take a fitness test and have it give you an exercise plan or I use their free exercise routines involving no equipment-it is computer generated to show good form,and sometimes the encouraging phrases make me giggle, but it works. My plan is marching in place, squats, windmills, and other calisthenics.

I hope that helps get you started.

Thanks So much x
  • StacyD015
    Options
    I've lost just over 3 stone doing this :) Been eating a lot of homemade veggie soups, salads and fruits and lots of chicken and eggs and I was working out an hour a day mixing cardio and weights on alternate days x x x

Thats amazing i will be following your diary lol :)
  • adsaylor
    adsaylor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    About two weeks ago I started Chalean extreme and shakeology and I have lost 4 pounds and 2 inches off my waist. I can give you more information if you want. I am in my third week of diong the exercise.
  • adsaylor
    adsaylor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a message on myfittnesspal.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    glad I found your post I'm hoping to do the same so any advice is welcome
  • Kangaruh13
    Options
    going to check out the virtual gym. Been walking everyday but want to switch it up some. Thanks! My husband has eczema too what special diet did your partner go on to help the eczema?