substitute for pasta!

Options
slimpasta is delicious and healthy substitute for pasta and the fantastic thing is it's only 11 calories per serving! yummmmmmm

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    a.k.a. Shirataki noodles
  • valentinaisho
    Options
    yeah!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    normal pasta in moderation is OK in my experience.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just eat normal pasta within my calories, so I don't need substitutes, but I have heard that the shiritakis are good.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are good. Well I assume they are. I've only had the tofu ones, that have a kind of rubbery texture. Haven't tried the konyaku (hopefully I'm spelling that right) plant-type noodles. Man are they stinky though! They have to be par-broiled and rinsed really well to get rid of that smell.
  • k_pattie
    k_pattie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like using quinoa pasta or spaghetti squash when I want a pasta fix!
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You can use other vegetables as well. I'm making pasta puttanesca tonight but I was toying with the idea of tossing cauliflower florets with the puttanesca sauce instead of pasta.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Im gonna try buckwheat noodles
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't eat any pasta but you can't delete these....
    I usually substitute for rice or basmati rice in any noodle dish....
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    I like using quinoa pasta or spaghetti squash when I want a pasta fix!

May Favorite
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    A substitute? How about less actual pasta and a bigger salad? This ain't rocket science.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    home made whole wheat pasta/ravioli
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are a bit strong (no offense to anyone that likes them). I'd go with whole wheat pasta noodles and just keep the portions low.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'd go with whole wheat pasta noodles and just keep the portions low.

I love whole wheat pasta! I preferred it over regular pasta even when I was eating nothing but junk.
  • crubinetti
    crubinetti Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I could eat buckets of pasta so that is good to know. I now dry weigh mine and cook it separately from the rest of the family because that is the best way for me to achieve portion control.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How about if you're allergic to wheat products or are eating Paleo? Shirataki (Yam,not tofu) is an excellent substitute
  • AChopNWA
    AChopNWA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use broccoli slaw! Delicious and so little calories! Just cook it in boiling water like you would pasta for a few minutes, strain and add sauce! Yumm!
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    shirataki (yes they are fishy smelling) or kelp noodles. while I love real pasta I look 6 months pregnant and don't really feel so good any time I eat some, even when portion controlled.