Polar Beat Blue Tooth

Options
Has anyone used this product yet? I am curious about it. Looking for a new product. Have had the Polar FT7 for awhile now and all of a sudden it will not hold onto my heart rate. Changed batteries, tightened straps, and have taken great care of it. Any advise will be appreciated.

Laura

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I got the H7 for Christmas. I also have the FT60. I use the H7, with the FT60 watch, and Polar Beat on my phone. Interestingly, the calorie counts are different between the two.

It seems to work great, but I like having the watch so I can glance easily at my heart rate during my workout and adjust my intensity.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    A guy I work with has it and uses it with his iPhone 5. He loves it, and I'm thinking about getting one.

I have the FT7, but the one thing it doesn't do that I'd love is keep track of my HR over time throughout a run so that I can go back and review the data.
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar Beat aka H7, I love it. I don't have to worry about tracking my activity, I just put it on when I exercise, and because it's linked to endomondo app on my iPhone 4S, it syncs automatically to that, which is connected to my MFP account. It's awesome!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am using the wearlink+ since that is the one that works with my phone (android) and the apps I was already using. They seem pretty similar and I'm pretty happy with mine. It seems accurate for heart rate anyway.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Do you just use your phone or do you have a watch also. For the past year I have loved the watch but now that it is acting up I am curious on the different methods. Thanks for the info
    I just got the Polar Beat aka H7, I love it. I don't have to worry about tracking my activity, I just put it on when I exercise, and because it's linked to endomondo app on my iPhone 4S, it syncs automatically to that, which is connected to my MFP account. It's awesome!
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    I really appreciate the advice...will love to get a new HRM soon
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I'm thinking about gettin the H7 but am not sure about one thing:

Do you have to have your Iphone with you to record your data or can you just transfer it when you are done your exercising? There are certain activites that I want to monitor but don't necessarily want to have my phone with me during everything I do (perhaps a hot yoga class, for example. I can't see it being very good for my phone to be in a hot room like that).
    Anywone know?
  • omma_to_3
    Options

Do you have to have your Iphone with you to record your data or can you just transfer it when you are done your exercising? There are certain activites that I want to monitor but don't necessarily want to have my phone with me during everything I do (perhaps a hot yoga class, for example. I can't see it being very good for my phone to be in a hot room like that).
    Anywone know?

I'm pretty sure you have to have the phone. There is a device you can get called Polar Flow to transfer data to your computer, but I don't know how/if that works with the H7. I think that might link with a watch.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Oh, and anyone looking at getting the H7, look at the H6 instead. I like this design better - should be out this month (not sure if it's already out or not)
  • DIG_
    DIG_ Posts: 20
    Options
    BUMP for later.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used this product yet? I am curious about it. Looking for a new product. Have had the Polar FT7 for awhile now and all of a sudden it will not hold onto my heart rate. Changed batteries, tightened straps, and have taken great care of it. Any advise will be appreciated.

Laura

Just thought I would ask...is the strap clean and are the pads worn? If the strap isn't clean, it can go through the wash :-)...without the monitor of course. Also, if you have had it a long time, the pads can just get worn out. I go through a strap every 1-2 years, depending on how much I hand wash versus machine wash.

To answer about the bluetooth, it's really awesome. I have a few friends who are using it with the Polar App and with other devices that can sync with it...no complaints yet.

And if you are using it with the phone, you must have the phone with you, the monitor does not store data.
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    I iPhone does have to be within so many feet of the sensor but if you have a watch it will may work better for you. I have both now and it seems to work pretty well.

Anywone know?
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    It was the sensor...I went ahead and purchased the H7 and agreed it is fabulous!!! The app is amazing so completely well worth it. I keep everything clean and laundered because I sweat so much so something must have happened to the sensor the last time I switched out the battery. That is ok because the bluetooth is amazing. Thanks for the info about replacements of straps I have only had mine for a little over a year now. So will keep that in mind.

Laura

Just thought I would ask...is the strap clean and are the pads worn? If the strap isn't clean, it can go through the wash :-)...without the monitor of course. Also, if you have had it a long time, the pads can just get worn out. I go through a strap every 1-2 years, depending on how much I hand wash versus machine wash.

To answer about the bluetooth, it's really awesome. I have a few friends who are using it with the Polar App and with other devices that can sync with it...no complaints yet.

And if you are using it with the phone, you must have the phone with you, the monitor does not store data.
  • Nay77
    Nay77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So does Polar Beat only work with the H7??
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    I think it just has to be a bluetooth sensor. I think they have two. Just found a website that sold the H7 with no shipping or tax sot hat is why I got it.
    So does Polar Beat only work with the H7??
  • instahard
    instahard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding a heart rate monitor. I already use the fit bit one as an exercise tool. I like it because it stores my information in the device for up to a week, so that I don't have to have my phone on me during all activities. Are there and polar (or other brand) products that do this? I need it to be a chest strap because wrist bands are not permitted at my job and I'd like it to be waterproof. Help would be much appreciated if anyone knows of a device that fits!!!
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    the ant+ monitors seem to have a bit more range than the ones that connect with smart-Bluetooth - however I don't know of one that keeps a memory like the fitbit. Good Luck!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding a heart rate monitor. I already use the fit bit one as an exercise tool. I like it because it stores my information in the device for up to a week, so that I don't have to have my phone on me during all activities. Are there and polar (or other brand) products that do this? I need it to be a chest strap because wrist bands are not permitted at my job and I'd like it to be waterproof. Help would be much appreciated if anyone knows of a device that fits!!!

I can't think of a single strap that is more than a transmitter. The brains of the system are in the watch, phone, cycling computer, etc.