Anyone do a cleanse?

Options
Hello everyone! I know this seems to be a touchy question but I was wondering if anyone ever does a 24 hour body cleanse? or any type of cleanse? If so what do you do? How does it work? How often do you do it? I am thinking of it more as a once in awhile to clean my body out one day. I do not want or am not looking for long extensive ones because I know those are definetely not good for you. Thanks so much ahead of time!

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I do not want or am not looking for long extensive ones because I know those are definetely not good for you.

Is there a reason you think the short non extensive ones are any different?
  • freedomischaos
    freedomischaos Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The bodies organs already cleanse everything you eat. There is no peer-reviewed science to back the claim that a cleanse works any more than eating better would provide.

Stop eating junky foods and eat better and the body will repair itself. It is amazing like that.

See the Mayo Clinic article: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/detox-diets/AN01334
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I take the occasional bleach bath.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses

http://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/

Cleanses aren't necessary or beneficial. The so-called toxins in your system have never been identified or proven to exist.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I take the occasional bleach bath.

sphincter?
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    Cleanses aren't beneficial or healthy.
    They're just going to make you hungry, tired and slow down your metabolism making you gain weight once you're done.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no
    indeed.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just eat a couple of bowls of Colon Blow....... Any super high fiber cereal will do for what your after.......
  • cheron40
    cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was doing a cleanse and was told by people on this site to stop- which I did, and I feel much better
    I was having constant dull headaches-and was incredibly grouchy and crying alot
    and of course I lost no weight-
  • mdh185
    mdh185 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I shower daily, anything else is just unhealthy.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I drink water...
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is really good for providing your body with Vitamins and helping flush out things. To be used as part of your regular diet.
    Lemon water can; help support immune function, alkalize the body, aid digestion, clear skin etc

Additionally, reducing the intake of bad fats, refined sugars and junk in general will help you feel better.

You dont need to use some fancy, overpriced 'cleanse' you find at the health food store, or, follow some crazy cayenne/lemon/honey trend cleanse...

Healthy habits will ensure your body is working at optimal performance. Good luck!
  • TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did a full two day cleanse as prep for a surgery. Nothing but limited clear fluids plus numerous clearing out drinks and pills. I did lose 5lbs in the 2 days but on night two I woke up in horrible sweats, extremely dizzy and in a lot of pain. I had the procedure, began eating again and within 2 days all the weight was back on. Nothing beneficial came from it and I felt like crap the whole time I was doing it.