How often to do you weigh in?

Daily
weekly
monthly

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    well? good question. I was weekly..now that i'm not losing i don't want to get discouraged.. So? don't know if i should stop weighing and just continue working out and eating right?. Or if i should keep weighing to see if i'm doing something wrong.

Last time I calorie counted this happened. No matter what.. past the initial loss I didn't lose anything. I then had to switch diet methods and that worked. however... I really want mfp to work because i like eating a variety of food. I'm going to give it more time..and maybe keep weighing once a week.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily as I am trying to watch my trends with what i eat, but i only record it on Wednesdays.
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I regularly weigh in on Wednesday mornings before my shower but I hop on the (stupid) ;o) scale on other days as well. I think just to see how I can gain and lose a few pounds in a day for no apparent reason. ;o)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. I record whenever I hit a new low weight. It helps me to be able to see the trends and continue to feel encouraged by a downward trend in my weight. I know that I'm eating right and exercising so I don't worry about weight fluctuations.Plus, when I used to weigh in every week, sometimes on Monday my weight would be artificially inflated (water retention or whatever) and I would be discouraged. Once I started weighing everyday, I could see if my weight was overall lower and it was just a weird day or if my weight was actually not moving (though it hasn't really stopped).
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    weekly or monthly.. If your on a lifestyle change and know what your body needs there isn't a need to pull your hair out with daily scale visits, cause that number is going to be different almost every time.. Its all about averages and knowing what changes what.
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I officially record my weight every Friday. But I do get on the scale every day as a gauge and sometimes to laugh. My scale is whacked out. It often tells lies to see if I am paying attention. I can get on three times in a row and it might give me the same weight twice. Hell this morning it gave me an error message twice. I'm just glad it can't say ouch.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As of today I'm gonna try and weigh in weekly but prior to today I was weighing myself everyday. I seem to be more disappointed when I weigh myself daily so I'm gonna try n not be so obsessed with my scale and try the weekly thing.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning, naked.