Size 14 dress...the WEDDING!

Options
akelli01
akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
Okay, so I had to share this! For those of you that checked out my blog of "Size 14 Dress and Getting Checked Out", I felt I should fill you in on the wedding went. It was absolutely beautiful! The bride was gorgeous and I held it together nicely until the minister started asking her to describe her hand-made bouquet. There were 5 or 6 different sets of wedding bands on it (attached somehow) and each set represented someone different. One of those sets happened to be my friend's mom's wedding bands. My friend lost her mom about 7-8 years ago to breast cancer. Like I said, I was okay until the minister asked my friend to tell her about the rings on her bouquet. I could hear her voice crack and that was all it took.

But back to the part that makes this a success story! Something happened to me for the first time ever. A guy (a very cute one, at that) approached ME. I have always been the one to approach them. I felt awesome in that dress, and my new (still improving) body and it showed. I know I smiled more, I felt more confident, and for the first time in my ENTIRE life (at least that I can think of anyway), I FELT beautiful! He actually left people he was talking to (not rudely of course, just excused himself) to come talk to me. We danced - SEVERAL times - and yes, I did get a goodnight kiss. ;) While it was awesome to have him pay attention to me, I know it wasn't because of the dress or the romance of a wedding. I know at least part of it was because I felt so good about myself!

I am down almost 30 pounds, with only 25 more to get to the weight my doctor wants to see me at, and still working on it and losing. My moral (finally...LOL): when you feel good about yourself, it shows! And other people will see your confidence and be drawn to it. So keep trucking people, it's going to be SO worth it to hit that goal! I can feel it! :)

Thank you anyone that reads and/or comments! :)

Replies

• di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great story!! and you'r so right.......when you feel good about yourself it shows!! and people
    pick up on that positive glow around you..
    Congrats :)
    diana
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You sound as tho you had a brilliant time. Well done on all that hard work and what a confidence boost. I was hoping there would be a pic.

Keep up the good work. looking forward to the NSV!
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is such a wondeful story! I am glad you are happy with yourself, the way you feel and look, and the success you are having. I hope the cute guy calls you :wink:
  • ChinaWyt
    Options
    Wonderful NSV!!
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • cozystyle
    cozystyle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    SO GLAD TO HER YOUR CONFIDENCE SOAR THROUGH THE ROOF....its so nice to get attention even when you are not trying...and yes, you are so right, when u have CONFIDENCE IT SHINES!!! CONGRATS TO U ON UR WT. LOST AND GOOD LUCK AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Great story! Good on ya! You're so right, having self confidence and feeling good about yourself is SO important.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on what you have accomplished so far. With this positive attitude there is only more success in your future. And you are so right about having the confidence:drinker:
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!!
  • joslynlpribble
    Options
    What a great story! Congrats to you. It is mazing how much confidence we get as we lose weight. Smiling more, flirting, walking lighter. What a perfect event for you to bust out the healthier you! Thank you for sharing, What an inspiring story.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    this thread is the perfect example of why MFP needs a LIKE button!!! or a LOVE button!!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful........ be proud of yourself and always show it. confidence is a lot more attractive than we sometimes think.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am very happy for you. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i <3 this. THANK YOU! and congratulations!! ;)
  • akelli01
    Options
    Okay, so since I'm not real sure how to share a pic on here, I just went ahead and changed my profile pic to the one of me in the dress. Thank you everyone, so much for all the encouraging words!

As far as the guy, we have talked since and I'm planning a trip back out there to use the $400 Delta dollars I got for volunteering for a later flight...and he and I have plans for dinner and dancing! :)
  • akelli01
    Options
    And I am NOT just going back out there to see him! My friend's aunt (the friend that got married) invited me back out! Seeing him is a bonus! :)
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Lovely pic, and not a bad bonus eh!
  • andread67
    andread67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love this..you look beautifu!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Great Story! And I wish more women would realize we tend to see the confidence a lot more on any size, when you radiate with good vibrations, everyone wants a piece of that :love: .

Congrats on the loss and the gained kiss :happy: !
  • akelli01
    Options
    Great Story! And I wish more women would realize we tend to see the confidence a lot more on any size, when you radiate with good vibrations, everyone wants a piece of that :love: .

Congrats on the loss and the gained kiss :happy: !

Thank you! I needed to hear this! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!