Hello from North Carolina

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Doc and I am a 37 (soon to be 38) year old musician/songwriter that is trying to will my body back into shape. Any encouragement or tips for me will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! Plenty of North Carolinians on here - me included. You'll love it here.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Doc! The best advise I can give you is have patience. It's going to take time and be happy about each step you make. Good luck to you.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Doc and I am a 37 (soon to be 38) year old musician/songwriter that is trying to will my body back into shape. Any encouragement or tips for me will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! All I can say is that if you stay on MFP, you'll loose the weight. Log in every bit of food and drink in your food diary and stay within your calories and you'll do fine. Plus, watch your sodium intake. Sodium makes your body retain water. Drink the recommended amount of water and then some. Don't forget to get some excercise in a few times a week. Good luck to you:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Another Carolina Girl here-welcome!!
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello from Texas,
    I just started the plan to about a week ago myself. But it seems to be helping me keep track of what i am putting in my mouth. Then after that i cant have anything else. its amazing what you eat without keeping a journal. Good Luck.
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome from South Carolina! This really works if you stick with it! Good luck on your goals!
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    Hello from VA! My advice.....set small goals and log EVERYTHING you eat. You will be surprised at how much we over eat when you dont log your meals! Good Luck!!
  • SHAMEKALACHELLE
    SHAMEKALACHELLE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    heeeeey! it's gonna work.
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Hello from PA!! Good luck to you! I've been here since Jauary and I have lost 16lbs!! Best advise I can give, is don't lie! Track everything. You will be surprised what you are actually eating once you start tracking. Exercise helps too! Good Luck!!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Hi from AZ! Welcome to MFP. Tracking your food intake will be a real eye opener for you. Keep logging everyday even if it's a bad one, exercise often and get yourself some supportive friends here on the site. That's what works!!!! Best Wishes!
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    Another hello from NC :)
  • queenak77
    queenak77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What's up North Carolina?!?!?! :laugh:
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome Doc. I live in NC by way of SC. I've been on the site since April 26 and have lost 11lbs so far! The site is easy to use and everyone here has been extremely motivating. Log everything you eat, work out, drink lots of water, and you'll do great. Can't wait to see your progress!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, from Ohio. Good luck on your goal. Feel free to add me as a friend, for motivation, if you would like.