where to find healthy vegatarian meals?

Options
So I have a hard time following a diet and I dont know where to start so where can I find healthy vegatarian meals that would be easy to stick to and follow?

Replies

• WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you can cook or are willing to learn there are tons of vegetarian and vegan blogs with inspiration and recipes. You will also be able to customize for any likes/dislikes and for whatever flavour of vegetarian you are. You will have to go through the ingredients list and calculate the recipes for your chosen foods but once they're in you can easily check them off next time.

Here's a link to one list of vegetarian blogs to get you started:

http://psychologyofeating.com/top-50-vegetarian-blogs/

If you want pre-made frozen meals, then look in the natural foods department of your grocery store or natural Foods store. You can also often find good prepared food at Farmer's markets.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just search "vegetarian food" on pinterest, you're bound to find tons and tons of links to blogs that will help you out. I also really like nomeatathlete.com, it's a brother-sister blog who are both athletes and vegetarians. Very good stuff on there.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like... I eat vegetarian 95% of the time and am always happy to share recipes for whatever's in my food diary.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a surprising number of decent, healthy vegetarian meals on her blog. A lot of the non-vegetarian ones can be made vegetarian fairly easily by replacing the meat with a vegetarian alternative. There are a lot of website with healthy vegetarian recipes as well. A google search should help you turn those up. There are a number of good frozen meals as well (morningstar, boca, amys, lean cuisine, lightlife and smart ones all have some decent ones) although all forzen meals tend to have higher salt content than stuff made fresh.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    The answer: in your kitchen

Vegetarian Times has some great recipes, though most of my veg recipes come from omnivore type websites: Chow.com, skinnytaste.com, EatingWell.com All have some great vegetarian options.

I am not vegetarian but don't eat much meat. Feel free to look through my diary.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Check out www.101cookbooks.com - all vegetarian and lots of whole grain, healthy recipes.
  • Kate_Brown_123
    Kate_Brown_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK (or not...I guess it works) you could look on BBC good food website and serach for vegetarian or any other health requirement!

I personally love a cook book by Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall (yes, he is POSH!) call "veg everyday" it's great and healthy and I find it has something for every occassion.

Also if you like Indian or Asian foods, there is a lot of variety in vegetarian curries!