BIGGEST LOSER!!!

Options
Hi everyone! So my job is starting a biggest loser contest on Monday 2/18 thru May 1. It's a $20. buy in and whoever looses the most wins the pot. I need some money! So I'm going to win (like the confidence ;)) Anyone have any suggestions on diet and or exercise? I'm starting the 30 day shred tonight. My diary is open if anyone sees any changes i should make.

p.s. the pot is up to 400 i think

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion at this time is to pay attention to SODIUM so it might be a good idea to watch it on your diary ....GOOD LUCK and best of luck to you :bigsmile:
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Know that you have all of us behind you. I wish we had that much in our pot. We only have $150.00 as there are only 6 of us.
    Drink lots of water, watch portion control, do something for at least 30 mintues daily, love life, love what your doing, like yourself, love yourself, believe in yourself.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    okay here is what i would change, first add sodium & fiber to your diary, you eat foods that contain alot of sodium, which will have you retain water weight. Ditch the instant oatmeal way to much sugar, instead use 1/2 plain oatmeal with Stevia add a tbl of fresh bluberries or strawberries , ditch the jimmy dean breakfast stuff, eat 5 egg whites instead with the oatmeal, always to to make fresh food that way you can control the ingredients.. You should add more lean protein chicken, white fish, no deli meats way to much sodium in them.At dinner time have lean protein & veggies, any carbs you eat at that time don't have a chance to get burned off. drinks several liters of water a day, take a multi vitamin. Oh and any asain food has way to much fat & sugar, make fresh instead. hope this helps you.:smile:
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I did that when I worked over there. It was fun. Watch out for Janelle, she's a beast, lol. Good luck!
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    okay here is what i would change, first add sodium & fiber to your diary, you eat foods that contain alot of sodium, which will have you retain water weight. Ditch the instant oatmeal way to much sugar, instead use 1/2 plain oatmeal with Stevia add a tbl of fresh bluberries or strawberries , ditch the jimmy dean breakfast stuff, eat 5 egg whites instead with the oatmeal, always to to make fresh food that way you can control the ingredients.. You should add more lean protein chicken, white fish, no deli meats way to much sodium in them.At dinner time have lean protein & veggies, any carbs you eat at that time don't have a chance to get burned off. drinks several liters of water a day, take a multi vitamin. Oh and any asain food has way to much fat & sugar, make fresh instead. hope this helps you.:smile:
  • meadow_sage
    Options

I would have to agree with her. More whole fresh foods. Sorry, about the double post, there was a glitch.
  • krazykando
    Options
    My husband's job is doing the exact same thing (same dates and same amount in winners pot!)...awesome! Good Luck!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

OMG, I love this! :flowerforyou:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Oh! The OP mentioned 30DS...

I do this, also. I don't know if it's just me, or because of what strength training there is may be what's doing it, but the scale numbers are NOT moving. I am losing inches at a nice rate, but the "weight" isn't changing much. I have lost 0.6 pounds in two weeks, BUT, in those two weeks I have lost an inch in my waist, one in my hips, and one in my chest, so something is working.

The only reason I mention this is because in a challenge like this, they are looking at scale numbers, which goes against everything anyone has ever told me.
  • ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We had one at work a couple of years ago.
    I was in the lead until the final weigh in.
    Then 2 people that had not weighed in since the first day showed up with massive weight loss.
    I finished 3rd.
    It was really disappointing.
    Good luck.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Wait until after Monday's weigh in, then follow the excellent advice here.

You wouldn't want to lose your water weight before the contest even starts!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wait until after Monday's weigh in, then follow the excellent advice here.

You wouldn't want to lose your water weight before the contest even starts!

good one. and i was thinking take steps at the last minute to shed the water weight right before weigh in.

also i'm very competitive so disclaimer :devil: <----he made me do it. order foods that you know are very popular but you personally are good at resisting and have them delivered at work on a weekly or biweekly basis. especially things that will kick those sugar/carb cravings into high gear. it will take them 3 full days to get over that sugar overload and get back on track. :devil: okay back to the real me...GOOD LUCK!
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

THIS!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Jillyfish99
    Jillyfish99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started one at my work as well! it's such a good motivator, it's me, the only girl about a bunch of guys but i'm up for the challenge. Currently I'm in the lead! I can't wait till the next weigh in.
    Ours is running Jan 7- March 28. the winnings are $180.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

The deli meat I know better but i didn't want it to go bad to expensive. No1 was eating it. I know about the jimmy dean too. I stopped buying those found those tucked in the freezer. Lol yet again didn't want to just throw it away. But every thing else no problem i do that anyway, before this week anyway lol
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You can eat instant oatmeal just watch what you buy, the Simple Truth kind from Kroger is good, get the original flavor and you will be fine.
  • meggymoo86
    Options
    One thing I noticed was processed/prepackaged food. (a fruit and cheese snack pack with over 20 grams of fat?) You could probably make your own apple, grape and low fat string cheese and comein with more protein, lower calories and less fat.

Also, I suggest buying real food. Buying foods with all the ingredients that you can pronounce will promote weight loss. The chemicals in diet coke, for example. are proven to PREVENT weight loss. I have a rule of no more than 5, which means in order for me to put something in my cart, it must have less than 5 ingredients, I must be able to pronounce the ingredients and look for only source of sugar/sodium. (I've learned a lot by signing up for Eat This Not That daily newsletters!)

Someone above suggested stevia but, unless you're a diabetic, you can use the real deal just keep it to a teaspoon.

Good luck!
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, watch portion control, do something for at least 30 mintues daily, love life, love what your doing, like yourself, love yourself, believe in yourself.

I feel really inspired. Thank you!
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One of the Biggest Loser clubs I know about--they pay $10 per week and $1 for every pound IF they gain.