cooking chicken

Options
AllonsYtotheTardis
AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
eating more chicken is not fitting in well with my goal of not touching raw poultry. Someone want to come cook for me? Just on 'chicken night'. I'm Ok with dead cow.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    buy frozen precooked.
  • missCherry1977
    missCherry1977 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    get a box of those latex disposable gloves
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    latex-gloves-LRG.gif
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of rotisserie from the grocery store. That and frozen chicken breasts which drop nicely out of the plastic package. And I don't do most of the cooking, so there's that.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    What's in it for me?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you have a goal about not touching raw poultry but for me it's just gross. A couple things I do - open the package by running fork along the edge and pull back the plastic with your hand being careful not to touch the inside. Then use that same fork to transfer the raw poultry from the package to the dish, pan or marinade container. No touching needed! If you have a recipe that calls for diced chicken, just precook it (parboil/poach) then you can touch it to shred or dice and add it in at the end.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    even looking at it makes me want to retch. No idea why. It's stupidly annoying.

I usually make hubby put the chicken in the pan/pot/roaster. I can manage the rest.

I want to win the lotto, so I can afford to hire a personal chef. That's reasonable, right?