Chicken Parmesan

Options
treehopper1987
treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
Hello Everyone! I am looking for an easy, healthier but tasty chicken parmesan recipe. So let's see them...

Replies

• lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I have a no-fry chicken parmesan recipe that's awesome, but it's on my computer at home. I'll message you with it when I can get to it. :)
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    I have a no-fry chicken parmesan recipe that's awesome, but it's on my computer at home. I'll message you with it when I can get to it. :)

Thanks!
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    chicken breast
    parm shake and bake
    spaghetti squash
    pasta sauce
    fresh mozzarella...

coat the chicken in the shake and bake and bake with sauce and cheese,
    prepare spaghetti squash and then add sauce.

It's delicious!
  • jodieandris
    Options
    I like the recipe from skinnytaste.com - its really good, and pretty healthy if you stick to your portion size. I made this and my husband loved it!
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You might be looking for something a bit truer to the original, but I like to brown a chicken breast a bit in a pan with Pam (often with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder for seasoning) and then throw it in a dish with tomato sauce and diced tomatoes (with basil, oregano, and garlic), layer a bit of mozzarella on top and then bake it at 350 for 20 minutes.
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like the recipe from skinnytaste.com - its really good, and pretty healthy if you stick to your portion size. I made this and my husband loved it!

I make this for my family and they LOVE it - they ask for it at least once a week!!!
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do a Chicken Parm without the breading. Plain chicken breast baked in the oven. Once done I put a slice of Provalon cheese and bake until slightly melted, topping that with spaghetti sauce and grated parm cheese. This is seriously good stuff :)
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • deannafaith89
    Options
    If you are into meatleass subsitutes try the BOCA Original Chick'n Patty. I was totally against it until I tried it and once you get the sauce and cheese on there you can not tell the difference!! I make the patty according to the package and then put a spoonfull of sauce on it and then just a pinch of parmesan and mozzarella. I pop it back in the oven until the cheese is melted and it is so good!!
  • rluedtke
    Options
    I use boneless skinless chicken breasts, top with some tomato sauce and italian spices and a little bit of either parmesan cheese or the kraft italian blend cheese. Put each chicken breast in it's own tinfoil dome and bake at 400 for about 25-40 mins depending on how large/small the chicken breasts are.

It's simple and much healthier than the original version.
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    4oz boneless skinless chicken breast 110-120 calories
    1/2 cup traditional prego 70 calories
    frigo low fat cheese stick 50 calories
    Garilic salt
    Parmesan 20 calories
    Total calories 250 -260

Cook chicken then layer sauce, spices,and cheese over top and put in microwave or oven until cheese melts.

Can use spaghetti squash, zuccini ribbons, cabbage, or wheat noodles to go with it. Enjoy!
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The Healthy Decadence recipe is pretty good. I bake the chicken up on a cookie cooling rack so it stays crispy while cooking.

Chiseled Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
    olive oil spray
    2 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 tablespoons flour
    1/2 tablespoon reduced-fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 egg white
    1/2 tablespoon fat free milk
    1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
    1/2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
    1/2 cup Low-fat marinara sauce
    1 ounce (1/2 cup) finely shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
    1/2 ounce reduced-fat parmesan cheese or 1 ounce finely shredded parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly mist a non-stick baking sheet with spray.

Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and, using the flat side of a meat mallet (a heavy rolling pin will also work), pound them until they are an even 1/3-inch thickness working from the center outward. In a medium, shallow bowl, mix the flour, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.

Make sure the chicken is as dry as possible (without actually drying it) and dip one piece into the flour mixture until it is coated on all sides. Shake off any excess flour and place the breast on a dinner plate. Repeat with the second breast then place it on the plate next to the first breast. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a second shallow bowl, use a fork to lightly beat the egg white with the milk. In a third, shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley. Dip the floured chicken breasts, one at a time into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg to drip from the chicken (this is important or breadcrumbs will clump) then coat it with breadcrumbs. Dip it back into the egg then back into the breadcrumbs. Place them side by side on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the dish to the oven and cook the chicken 7-9 minutes per side until the chicken is no longer pink inside.

Just before the chicken is cooked, heat the marinara sauce in the microwave or in a small pan on the stovetop until just hot. Top each breast with 1/4 cup marinara sauce followed by the mozzarella then parmesan cheese. Then bake the chicken for an additional 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve the chicken hot with a side of pasta and/or a large green salad.

Makes 2 servings.

Each (1 Chicken Breast) Serving has: 301 calories, 37 g protein, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 79 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 776 mg sodium Traditional Chicken Parmesan made with a 4-ounce chicken breast has: 613 calories, 65 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 32 g fat, 16 g saturated fat, 176 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 1000 mg sodium
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!
    Even the picky hubby loves it!
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do this:
    Boneless skinless chicken breast (I know, that is a duh!!!) If they are thick I normally will split in half through the length.
    Garlic, onions, mushrooms, no salt tomatoe sauce, crush tomatoes etc...whatever type of sauce you like to have. I prefer a mix but do like pieces of tomato
    oregano, basil, whatever herbs you like....a bit of something hot for me.
    FRESH Mozz. Cheese.

I brown the chicken on a med high heat in a little olive oil. You want some color but not cook all the way through. Take out of the pan, lower heat just a bit. Toss in onion, garlic, mushrooms etc etc. Add herbs and toss in the tomatoe products. Simmer and adjust herbs. Once happy add the chicken back in, cover and simmer till chicken is done. This only takes 3-8 min. depending on thickness. Put the cheese on top and cover to let melt....about a min longer.

This is a quick meal and can be made for one or a family. If making for many, do not crowd the pan during browning as it will drop the temp. and you will end up with steamed chicken.

I have not worked out the calories as it will change depending how many veggies you add. Don't forget about zuchinni, roasted sweet peppers packed in water (better yet do your own, very easy), Many times I clear out the fridge of veggies that will need to be used up. I use very little oil, and very little cheese. Do use frest not the pre-shredded dry stuff. Tast is so much better. Create you own fav. combo of stuff in it, have fun Notice I do not use any breading, or added salt. Add the salt at the table if you like. You will add less that way since the salt will be on the top of the food and not spread through out.
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    Thanks everyone... They sure sound delicious :tongue:
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    bump
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    Kraft Fresh Take Parmesan Mixture
    1 can Del Monte meats sauce
    Shredded Mozzarella cheese
    1 Spaghetti squash

I followed the directions on the Kraft package but it could work with a homemade version too. I also take the meat sauce and add ingredients such as garlic and various seasonings to make it taste better (semi homemade) :)

Spaghetti Squash:
    1. Cut in half and remove seeds
    2. Line a cookie sheet with foil
    3. Place face down on the cookie sheet and bake on 375 for 30-40 minutes
    4. Let cool until u can handle it then use a fork to rake out spaghettini like strands

Chicken:
    1. Put shake Parmesan mixture well in bag.
    2. Rinse chicken and place in the bag one at a time covering it with Parmesan mixture.
    3. Place chicken on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray
    4. Cook for about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.

Top spaghetti squash and chicken with sauce and about 1/8 cup mozzarella per serving. :) about 390 cals total and was pretty good.
  • KMaier6689
    Options
    The Healthy Decadence recipe is pretty good. I bake the chicken up on a cookie cooling rack so it stays crispy while cooking.

Chiseled Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
    olive oil spray
    2 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 tablespoons flour
    1/2 tablespoon reduced-fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 egg white
    1/2 tablespoon fat free milk
    1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
    1/2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
    1/2 cup Low-fat marinara sauce
    1 ounce (1/2 cup) finely shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
    1/2 ounce reduced-fat parmesan cheese or 1 ounce finely shredded parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly mist a non-stick baking sheet with spray.

Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and, using the flat side of a meat mallet (a heavy rolling pin will also work), pound them until they are an even 1/3-inch thickness working from the center outward. In a medium, shallow bowl, mix the flour, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.

Make sure the chicken is as dry as possible (without actually drying it) and dip one piece into the flour mixture until it is coated on all sides. Shake off any excess flour and place the breast on a dinner plate. Repeat with the second breast then place it on the plate next to the first breast. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a second shallow bowl, use a fork to lightly beat the egg white with the milk. In a third, shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley. Dip the floured chicken breasts, one at a time into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg to drip from the chicken (this is important or breadcrumbs will clump) then coat it with breadcrumbs. Dip it back into the egg then back into the breadcrumbs. Place them side by side on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the dish to the oven and cook the chicken 7-9 minutes per side until the chicken is no longer pink inside.

Just before the chicken is cooked, heat the marinara sauce in the microwave or in a small pan on the stovetop until just hot. Top each breast with 1/4 cup marinara sauce followed by the mozzarella then parmesan cheese. Then bake the chicken for an additional 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve the chicken hot with a side of pasta and/or a large green salad.

Makes 2 servings.

Each (1 Chicken Breast) Serving has: 301 calories, 37 g protein, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 79 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 776 mg sodium Traditional Chicken Parmesan made with a 4-ounce chicken breast has: 613 calories, 65 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 32 g fat, 16 g saturated fat, 176 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 1000 mg sodium

BUMP! :)