I need some high protein, low carb recipes - share yours!

Options
LadyZephyr
LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
So, I'm trying to cut down on carbs and increase my protein intake but am a little stuck on the same recipes, so share yours!
Ideally, I like recipes that aren't overly complicated because I'm fairly busy and on a budget. Whether your recipes are for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks, I don't mind.
Oh, and the lower in calories the better.

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I would like ideas as well!
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    Buy chicken breast, beef cuts or pork cuts on sale and slow cook them, then flavor and portion them out and freeze. Then you have your proteins all prepped for whatever recipes you like- burritos, salads, sandwiches. I often will slow cook a bunch of chicken breasts, then add the ingredients for tortilla soup right into the crock pot and let it simmer right there.
  • gettingfitnana303
    Options
    One glass of low fat milk, two tablespoons of peanut butter powder, one scoop of soy protein powder and a banana....whirl it in the blender and drink. Filling, low carbs, hi protein and tastes great! (peanut butter powder is very low in fat also):smile:
  • arhanu
    Options
    For those who like jelly i have a recipe. I make a yogurt jelly cake in a bundt cake pan. Barely any calories depending on which products you decide to put in.

The ingredients i switch around, but mainly it is a very low cal yogurt that i blend with some fresh fruit. Other times i sweeten plain yogurt lightly and leave the fruit floating around the jelly. If i make it for a special occasion i make a layer of low cal bright colored jelly in the middle of it, while more time consuming, it looks really nice. However you have to wait till all previous layers have stiffened before you can add another layer. Other times i blend cottage cheese or any cheese suitable for cheesecake with the yogurt, it will make the jelly denser and more filling. I have made it with other milk products like milk, kefir, buttermilk, however i personally like milk jelly only in thin layers.

I make it with either gelatin or agar-agar, and have not had problems with either. Gelatin and agar packages usually say for how big amount of liquid they are meant, i tend to add a little bit more gelatin if my jelly is on the sour side or choose agar for it.

I am adding two images so you have an idea of what i am even talking about.

http://cf2.foodista.com/sites/default/files/styles/featured/public/field/image/rainbow_3.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2443/4055059685_be603e5410.jpg

My favorite versions are buttermilk jelly with banana slices in it, or yoghurt/cottage cheese yelly with another separate layer of fruit jelly.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    my go to low carb high protein meals n snacks

1, beef n broccoli stirfry
    2, pizza frittata -use egg whites cooked in frying pan as your "crust" top with low carb high protein toppings, make sure your frying pan can go in the oven and bake at 375 until melty
    3. roasted or curried cawliflower and edamme
    4. giant bowl of butter chicken omg my addiction
    5. cheese string, beef or turkey jerky, greek non fat plain yogurt, soy nuts, almonds, hummus!
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One glass of low fat milk, two tablespoons of peanut butter powder, one scoop of soy protein powder and a banana....whirl it in the blender and drink. Filling, low carbs, hi protein and tastes great! (peanut butter powder is very low in fat also):smile:

Not to be "that" person but I would highly recommend women (especially) stay away from soy in any form.
    Also, the fat in milk (if you choose to eat dairy) is GOOD for you.

Why soy is bad: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/soy-scrutiny/#axzz2KyZZgOLP

Why fat is good: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/high-fat-diet-healthy-safe/

My new go to morning recipe to take to work is:

2 eggs
    3tbsp full fat milk
    1/4 c up cubed chicken breast
    grated gouda
    salt, pepper, spices to taste
    Microwave for 3 mins

I take it to work in the same container I used in the microwave.
    5 grams of carbs and 25+ of protein.
  • nhall423
    nhall423 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump