Not new to weight loss programs

Options
I have tried every program in the book. All have worked. It's me that seems to loose the focus to continue. I'm hoping that with some support I can get to my goal. I will be 63 years young next month and I am really out of shape. I have always been on the large side. Several of my friends have done the "surgery" and are finding great success. I'm not comforable with that route.
I need to shed about 100lbs. I've never been this size and I'm so unconfortable.
It is hard for me to exercise for more than 30 minutes, my feet hurt. But I am committed to walk at least 30 minutes a day to start and as I get the weight off I will be able to do more. I work at an office job so moving around is not what I do most of the day.

BUT I AM READY TO CHANGE MY LAZY WAYS. Looking forward to communicating with you all.

Thanks
:happy:

Replies

• HOTpepperrs
    Options
    Hello!! I know what you mean about losing focus, but everyone on here is really nice and willing to make this journey with you!

I say 30 minutes is a great! It's better than no minutes! :D
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome! At 30 min. you are miles ahead of everyone sitting on the couch, right?
  • kerigla
    kerigla Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, This is a great site. I also know how the loss of focus can result in weight gain. I have been on the weight roller coster my entire life. Actually I am planning on starting a plan tomorrow to get myself back on track. I live 30 min. away from New Orleans so we are just coming off the Mardi Gras weekend so I partied and over ate and drank over a two week period. So it's back on track for me. You might want to start off walking 3 10 min sessions instead of trying to do 30 at once. That may help with your feet hurting. Good luck and feel free to friend me.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Also if 30 is too much at one time you can break it up into something that you can handle...My mom is 61 and the doc only wants her to start with 10 min a day at a slow pace. So good luck to you on your journey and here's a toast to your health:drinker:
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Skooter, Hope you manage to get that weight shifted... we are all rooting for you.
  • rblesd
    rblesd Posts: 28
    Options
    welcome, we have lots in common ... You can friend me if you like.
    This can be the best year every, WE're WISER... a
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Start small - don't try and make too many changes at once. Start by reducing the frequency of indulging in treats, for example. Don't change the way you eat completely and suddenly go from your regular eating pattern to something like salads all the time. read this though http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/628235-people-who-have-100-lbs-to-lose
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I can totally relate!

MFP has saved my life.... That sounds extreme, but true! My weight was beginning to take its toll on my body!

I decided I could no longer put off changing my eating habits... I signed up here, and never looked back!

Use the tools offered here, log the good and the bad, make great supportive friends!

You may stumble, we all do. But, the key is to pick yourself up and move forward!

Wishing you great success in your journey to a healthier you!

Add me, if you like.
  • bethb03
    Options
    You've come to the right place, so much support and information can be found here! It really is one day at a time, one goal at a time and if you fall off the wagon then get back up and start again. Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile: