New to the site...a bit about me....

Options
Hi Everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I joined MFP a few days ago and have been tracking my food since then (the 11th). I find it empowering and mind-opening.

Since I started tracking, I noticed how large some of my portions really were. When I read the package and take care to measure, I've been able to be satisfied without being hungry so that's been great.

I started my journey before MFP and decided to make a change - I started working out and being mindful of what I was eating. I think this worked (as people did notice a change) but I think that I wasn't consistent enough and having MFP and logging in each day will help me work towards my goal.

I think it's great that the forums are full of encouraging people and great advice and tips - right now, it's a little overwhelming (I had to look up TDEE because I had no idea what this was).

I'm also a little confused about some things but I'm sure that will come in time (for example, on days when I workout, my calories increase but should I be increasing my calorie intake or just banking it for more weight loss....).

Anyway, I'm posting this hoping for a few friends and some tips on places to go on the site to get some advice for starting out because I want to make sure I keep up with it.

Thanks and happy trails!

Replies

• brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome - just sent you a friend request!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I bank my exercise calories if I can. Sometimes (like yesterday oops) I have to use them. But that's what they are there for! And working out feels sooo good!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It sounds like you already have a good foundation for what you need to do to be successful. I will send you a friend request and we can support each other along the way!
  • JasonRM79
    JasonRM79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I try to bank my calories earned from working out for weight loss and try to stay under my Basal Calorie Intake at the same time. That way you will ultimatly loose weight faster. At the same time I wouldn't drop your calories too low. You could trigger your body to go into a starvation mode. If you stick with the MFP recommend calorie intake and exercies the pounds will come off.