intake calories and tdee

Options
my bmr for a 5' 7" 21 year old female is 1541. my tdee is roughly 2300.
do i maintain the 2300 even on rest days? or do i maintain the 1541 on non workout days?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Is your exercise activity figured into your TDEE? If yes, you should be eating at 10%-20% below TDEE. If your activity is sedentary then you should be eating 10-20% below TDEE plus whatever exercise calories you burn.

General rule of thumb is to eat somewhere in the middle of your BMR and TDEE.
  • krnhll54321
    krnhll54321 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes, i checked the moderately active box. i exercise at the gym at least 4 days a week and my bicycle is my only transportation. so i'm burning calories even if i'm not going to the gym. i'm just confused about this calorie stuff. so i should eat maybe 1800 daily? i wanna lose like 10 more pounds.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options
    So it should be 2300 minus 10-20%, but if you're only going for 10 more pounds I think the recommendation is to do TDEE - 10%, which is 2070. That is what you should be eating daily and you should not be eating exercise calories back since they are already figured in.

Hope this helps!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    So it should be 2300 minus 10-20%, but if you're only going for 10 more pounds I think the recommendation is to do TDEE - 10%, which is 2070. That is what you should be eating daily and you should not be eating exercise calories back since they are already figured in.

Hope this helps!
    This is correct.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones

Check out the above thread. There is a spreadsheet where you enter weekly activity, and it gives you an estimate of TDEE. I personally eat a consistent calories every day. Even on rest or low activity days, under the theory that it will average out with the high activity days.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

Hope this helps!
    This is correct.

10, would bang, and marry

1Concretegirl or me? Both? :laugh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Hope this helps!
    This is correct.

Pssssh, like there's any room in the Mattilac.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Hope this helps!
    This is correct.

1Concretegirl or me? Both? :laugh:

Oh sorry miss...i meant concrete
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Hope this helps!
    This is correct.

Pssssh, like there's any room in the Mattilac.

I'll kick em all out!!!