trying to lose weight for 2nd time, anyone else?

Options
lost weight 2 years ago and gained some over Xmas and it seems my body just wants to put it back on, has it been harder 2nd go around or did we just get lazy?

Replies

• JasonRM79
    JasonRM79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    They say our matabolism slows down as we get older. I remember when I was a teenager I could burn weight off pretty easily. Now It feels like a uphill climb. Remeber to do weight training as well as cardio if your working out. You burn calories from weight training even after you are done working out. That may help in your weight loss efforts.
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am trying to lose the same weight in the same time frame as last year and it's kicking my butt! Funny the difference a year can make. I lost 15 pounds from January to March last year for my wedding in September and of course after the wedding put almost all 15 back on! I think it's discouraging to be back where you started so it just doesn't feel like it can come off fast enough to make you happy. The trick is not to put it back on this time around I guess! Good luck!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Five years ago I got down to 140. I hit a plateau for a month and just gave up. I was extremely active at that time and didn't want to eat any less or add more workouts. I still wanted to lose another 15lbs and when it didn't happen, I just gave up. I am now 5 years older and know I have some hard work ahead of me. I tried again last year and gave up when I lost my focus. Losing weight is half mental for me. If something throws me off my game, I lose interest and give up. I need to quit doing that. That is why I joined MFP. For support when the going gets tough.
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am trying to lose the same weight in the same time frame as last year and it's kicking my butt! Funny the difference a year can make. I lost 15 pounds from January to March last year for my wedding in September and of course after the wedding put almost all 15 back on! I think it's discouraging to be back where you started so it just doesn't feel like it can come off fast enough to make you happy. The trick is not to put it back on this time around I guess! Good luck!

Same here....add me...let's make a difference!!! More focus and motivation can move mountains...we only have to move our uhmmmm....behinds, among other things. lol :flowerforyou:
  • working_mommy
    Options
    Yep - same story here. I lost a good 40 pounds about 3 years ago and had kept it off for over a year, then I went and got knocked up.