Calories in Chinese Dinner for One

Options
Hey everyone hubby and I are getting Chinese takeout tonight and we get the dinner for two. How many calories are in your typical dinner for one meal. (Which would he my portion)

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I knew it was fattening but Yowza! Thanks for posting that.Good thing I love the soups.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Maybe hubby will get Chinese and I will get something else lol it's horrible for you.
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My go to for chinese take out, because lets face it we all get tired and dont want to cook, is the steamed chicken and mixed vegetable with brown rice. You can get a sauce on the side and use a few tablespoons of it or use your own siracha on it. Also, I always have wonton soup. 2 or 3 wontons are totally satisfying and not high in calories.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the sodium intake. I LOVE Chinese food, but it makes me feel flu-ish and aweful for the rest of the night and most of the following day. The last time I had it was November on my son's birthday. I thought hey, it's made out of rice and veggies, it can't be that bad. Well maybe not for some, but that one meal was all it took. I miss it, but I certainly don't miss the way I felt afterwards!

Cheers!
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli with the garlic sauce on the side... hold the rice! I then put only a few dribbles of the sauce on top. When that gets boring, I go for steamed dumplings and I cut the dumpling in half and eat the meat with only 1/2 the dumpling... Then, as mentioned, the soups aren't too bad. Just stay away from breaded chinese loaded with sauces and the dang crab ragoons! They are addicting and I always end up eating them all!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Debate over I calculated everything I had and it was 1033 cals of yummy goodness!!!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Where we eat, I have them steam chicken and vegetables... no sauces, no soy...low cal, low sodium and very delicious. No buffet :noway:
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Where we eat, I have them steam chicken and vegetables... no sauces, no soy...low cal, low sodium and very delicious. No buffet :noway:

I think this is the safest bet for chinese, i personally find it a bit tasteless though and would have to weigh whether it is worth it to have a tasteless meal and enjoy dinner out with your hubby or try to get something else while he gets chinese.. All up to your own tastes and what you want to do!