hitting it hard

Options
Hello everyone....i am i 31 year old paramedic in the chicago land area. i was always in shape but after we had 2 kids i let myself go.

Looking to get back in shape through diet and excercise.

i am starting out at 204 lbs at 5"10. looking to get down to 170 for now...get rid of my extra flub.

So far i have lost 6 lbs. after cutting the weight i plan on upping caloric intake to maintain and start lifting a little more.

These first two weeks havent been so bad....although i do miss having beer!
Right now am doing a 1250 cal diet and running 3 to 5 miles every other day

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    1250 calories and running every other day as a guy is a bad idea. Well below the level you should be eating at.
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    1250 calories and running every other day as a guy is a bad idea. Well below the level you should be eating at.

Hey man nice to meet you and good luck with your goals. But I agree. You need to at least be at around 2000 cals and even at that with the running you may be cutting yourself short. Eventually you will hit a wall and lack the energy and focus you are gonna need to go about your business. I commend your ethusiasm and drive but gotta stay safe man. Especially with 2 little ones at home.
  • apopelka
    apopelka Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I expected some dizziness or hunger pains honestly...i have not had any symptoms...if i do i will up my intake, but so far nothing.
  • apopelka
    apopelka Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Basically 2 years of no running and eating **** made me fat...haha before that i was running and eating right every day. i know thos is a bit extreme but ill take it day by day and adjust as needed.