Kind Granola Bars

Options
I have tried 3 different types and I feel like I am eating a dessert. They claim to be all natural. Am I stupid to think that its a good snack to satisfy my afternoon slump?

Replies

• Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wife loves them for after dinner treat.....It's her incentive to eat correctly all day. If it works for you....GO FOR IT! In one way or another every kind (no pun intended...well maybe) of food has a con. Enjoy!
  • valtiller
    Options
    Well it depends on why you are eating them. Is it convenient for you? Planning your meals before you go to work, can help you eat better than a granola bar. Depending on the calories of that granola bar (190 cals) for example, you can spend those calories eating something better for you, more of it and the same amount of calories. Like an apple, a 8oz of skim milk and some almonds.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything in a bar (or powder) is all natural. Apples, on the other hand, are a good example of all natural :)

Have you tried Luna Bars? They're my fave, not all natural and not granola, but if you're looking for a snack in the form of a bar. Plus they are nutrition bars for women, so they've got a little boost of iron, calcium and other stuff.

I have fruit or Luna Bars for my afternoon slump. Luna are also a bit high in protein, so I have them after workout too. (Did you know that apples work like coffee and help energize and wake you up, just sayin ;) )
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love the blueberry almond and chocolate pecan bars
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything in a bar (or powder) is all natural. Apples, on the other hand, are a good example of all natural :)

Have you tried Luna Bars? They're my fave, not all natural and not granola, but if you're looking for a snack in the form of a bar. Plus they are nutrition bars for women, so they've got a little boost of iron, calcium and other stuff.

I have fruit or Luna Bars for my afternoon slump. Luna are also a bit high in protein, so I have them after workout too. (Did you know that apples work like coffee and help energize and wake you up, just sayin ;) )

Pretty sure Kind bars are as close as you can come to all natural. When you can actually see all the ingredients it speaks for itself. They are delicious.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Haha, they ARE so good it feels like it has to be bad, doesn't it? I work a Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew one into just about every day. I think as far as a mid-afternoon snack goes, they are very good-- especially if you're a candy bar type person and they take away your need for that.
  • bouchie11982
    bouchie11982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I looove them! I usually get the nut delight and the fruit and nut kinds. I have them for one of my snacks and it works in my macros. Looks at the ingredients list. Some of them look like they have all natural ingredients. I am not reading one word that I cannot pronounce, which is a good thing. If you can't pronounce it, it shouldn't be in there. http://www.kindsnacks.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=kind+bar+ingredients
  • coleeli
    coleeli Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Pretty sure Kind bars are as close as you can come to all natural. When you can actually see all the ingredients it speaks for itself. They are delicious.

Agreed! Love the cranberry + almond ones.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Almond Coconut...yum...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I make my own granola bars. I know everything that goes into them and they're really yummy!
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on why you are eating them. Is it convenient for you? Planning your meals before you go to work, can help you eat better than a granola bar. Depending on the calories of that granola bar (190 cals) for example, you can spend those calories eating something better for you, more of it and the same amount of calories. Like an apple, a 8oz of skim milk and some almonds.

I do plan my meals and exclusively bring my lunch. Occassionally I have one of those hungry days and today happens to be one of those. One of those days where I want a candy bar and chips. I work across the street from a health food store but a lot of the things there are either gross or just totally daunting. I like a good bar every now and then. It satisfies that craving for a candy bar. I just found this link to the best and worst bars out there:
    http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/07/16/the-5-best-and-worst-nutrition-bars/#the-5-best-and-worst-nutrition-bars-1
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I make my own granola bars. I know everything that goes into them and they're really yummy!

If they are REALLY yum and you're not just saying that because you are used to the taste :) I would love the recipe.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Love KIND bars! So delish! Also, try LARA bars. They're literally fruit and nuts.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Sure, like lots of processed foods they are "all natural" but still have lots of sugar (and soy lecithin). "All natural" gets stamped on everything and it's not synonymous with "all healthy". Enjoy them if you like them, or avoid them if you don't. I've had the almond coconut and yes they are delicious but not something that I will eat more than a few times per year.